Opinion on the KTM bikes

PB Forum :: KTM Bikes
Opinion on the KTM bikes
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 21:05 Quote
I didn't know KTM made pedal bikes til i saw this thread. I used to live to ride my mountain bikes, even made several of my own, but then I went and bought my beloved ktm 450 exc. If you ever have thought of not wanting to ride a mountain bike again, you will know what it feels like after you transition full on into dirt bikes. I never thought anything would trump downhill and trials until I got on a 450 and found you could do all that and hill climb and jump 100 feet. I've looked back, sure, but being able to cover that much ground and wheelie tap over 2 foot logs, you will truly understand how the world is your playground. Then I got a 690 Enduro last april and have put 27k on it since then in supermoto mode and gnarly offroad mode.

Companies seem to do this from time to time. Like cannondale's enduro bike. KTM is killing it right now in their on road and off road markets so its natural they want to expand into pedal bikes. I wouldnt be surprised if they were overpriced like their moto's. I would be surprised if they were as good as their moto's are in that market.

Anyways, buy a ktm enduro and live a painfully fulfilling life. Braap.

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 15:40 Quote
sirknumskullgt wrote:
I didn't know KTM made pedal bikes til i saw this thread. I used to live to ride my mountain bikes, even made several of my own, but then I went and bought my beloved ktm 450 exc. If you ever have thought of not wanting to ride a mountain bike again, you will know what it feels like after you transition full on into dirt bikes. I never thought anything would trump downhill and trials until I got on a 450 and found you could do all that and hill climb and jump 100 feet. I've looked back, sure, but being able to cover that much ground and wheelie tap over 2 foot logs, you will truly understand how the world is your playground. Then I got a 690 Enduro last april and have put 27k on it since then in supermoto mode and gnarly offroad mode.

Companies seem to do this from time to time. Like cannondale's enduro bike. KTM is killing it right now in their on road and off road markets so its natural they want to expand into pedal bikes. I wouldnt be surprised if they were overpriced like their moto's. I would be surprised if they were as good as their moto's are in that market.

Anyways, buy a ktm enduro and live a painfully fulfilling life. Braap.

Apparently they're 2 separate companies for all intents and purposes (think like BMW road cars vs BMW Motorrad), or maybe two distinct divisions of a parent company is more like it. They've actually been making bicycles for something like 75 years and are more of a well known brand in the European market for road bikes and CX bikes.

I priced out a 390 Duke at a moto shop in town and that thing sure is pricey.... I could get a middle weight Jap bike for the same price. The other bike I was looking into (like I said earlier in the thread) is the 350 EXCF that you can plate but that thing is just as pricey coming in at like $9000 or something, I could buy a KLR or V Strom for cheaper (hell even the F650GS is priced around the same as the KTM 350).

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 15:43 Quote
Thing is, is that the 390 is Indian made so even more shoddy spanner monkering using shite bolts.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 at 19:00 Quote
Kan't
Take
Much
KTM has been the # 1 selling enduro bike ( motorcycle ) in the U.S. for a while . I must say I really don't understand why as they are expensive as shit , come with crappy suspension that needs work and parts are ridiculously expensive . I will continue to buy Japanese motocrossers and convert to enduro for less then the price of a KTM .

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 at 15:21 Quote
I have the Lycan 27.5 Master 12s Sram X01
Is a great fully suspension bike. is very light and fast, very easy to ride well balanced.
Personally I like the design, it catch people attraction especially the colors.
They have the best materials and technology.
I highly recommend'em. but yes. they are a little overpriced.
https://ktmbikeindustries.com/

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
Suleymanmountain wrote:
Only ktm bike i know are the motorbikes, not push bikes

Cash For Cars

KTM does make bikes with pedals and electric bikes too, but they are expensive.

I’m still amazed by my 790 Adventure R, definitely worth $14k with cruise control and quick shifter. It is crazy fast with an awesome WP adjustable suspension, traction control, adjustable throttle settings, ABS on/off, caller ID with Bluetooth, and gets 50+ mpg for 250+ mile range. No other company makes anything comparable.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
Ktms original business in Austria about a hundred years ago was bicycle production. --Ktmcandog!

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
I thought I was the only one ever visiting this site. My closest KTM motorcycle dealer is about 100 miles away, and I have never seen a KTM bicycle in person and don’t know of anyone selling them. I’m pretty sure KTM is still producing bikes, but expensive. They cost almost as much as their motorcycles.

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
Ktm make some good quality mountain bikes. I used to own the 50th anniversary edition ktm ultra 1964 which was a 2014 bike so that's how long they been making bicycles. Almost 60 years. If you look on my profile I have some pictures of it.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015579
Mobile Version of Website