Broken hip and only 36 and one else done this injury

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Broken hip and only 36 and one else done this injury
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 13:51 Quote
Has anyone got any advice, I broke my hip falling off my bike on black ice, well the neck of femur to be precise. At the moment I have 6 weeks on crutches whilst I wait for it to heal.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 20:24 Quote
I boke my hip and spent 2 months on a walker barely being able to move around. Advise, all I can say is listen to docs and physical therapist and like my doc said it'll all be just a memory and some gnar scars in my case. Goodluck.

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 1:05 Quote
Broke mine in 3 places at 19 now 34 only trouble is cold weather aches like hell, slow recovery but listen to the doctors and be good as new bud

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 21:48 Quote
Working with hip fractures in a geriatric setting, the main issue I see if impulsivity. Usually you'll be toe touch weight bearing for the first couple of weeks, make sure that you stay at toe touch till the dr gives rehab the thumbs up. Also for some people it takes longer than for others to recover. I've seen some 4-6 week recoveries and I've seen 4-6 month recoveries however Hess are with patients older than 75 years old.
I think you'll be fine just take it one day at a time.

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 14:31 Quote
Yeah. I broke my pelvis put a hollow impact cyst on my femour and a hair line fracture on the neck in 2007

It was repaired but my femoural head died.

Got a hip replacement 19months ago. I was back on the bike 4 weeks later and I'm now on fire, all be it with less bottle.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005458
Mobile Version of Website