Intense Socom and Headset Sizes ?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Intense Socom and Headset Sizes ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 3:05 Quote
I have an Intense Socom which I believe has a head tube angle of 66.5 degrees. I want to slacken this by using the cane creek angle adjustable headset..

there are a few different sizes of the can creek set to choose from. I'm fairly new to Mountain Bikes ( BMX'er for many years ).. so my question is how do I know what size my current headset is so that I buy the right one .. Do I have to take the current set out and measure the upper and lower cups or is there an easier way ?

Cheers
Stuart

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 5:00 Quote
all the info i can find says it's 1.5 top and bottom , also I have heard that the works components angle set is cheaper , easier to install , non creaking and more reliable , also it's british

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 5:23 Quote
so what one is right ? works compnents have loads of different kits .. EC44 / EC44 then there's about 5 others for tapered of varying different sizes ..

confused dot com

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 5:55 Quote
Looks like you will need this one http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-zs49---zs49---traditional-15-reducer-headset-30-p.asp

Thats the 1 degree version , look for the ones labeled ' traditional ' if you want slacker.

As far as I know the socom is a straight 1.5 head tube not intergrated or any other bollox , I assume you are using 1/18th forks?

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 9:38 Quote
Cheers chap. Most helpful

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
No worries man , all those headset types are a f*cking minefield ! so many " standards " to choose from

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008667
Mobile Version of Website