Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
Like the title says. Is it worth going to school on a expensive DH bike?

Mod
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
I used to... I just got it stored in the gym storage room during the day.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:38 Quote
i just stored my DH bike in our drafting room

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
Jocool wrote:
My bike is worth 1500$, should I risk going to school with it (it might get stolen), or do you think I should forget about it??
depends on the school and th kids. in my school there are alot of rich kids with Demo 8 but cant do a 5 foot drop., so kids dont realy want me coiler

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
i did i just put it in the cafateria.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
hmm would you drive down the Brox at 20mph - in a lambo soft-top with no doors or roof?

thought not!

I went to school on my $1000 / £500 hardtail and I caught some scum trying to steal my brake lever!!

lol wtf!?

they didnt even have hydraulic brakes what the hell were they gonna do with it!?

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
i leave my bikes out side in the summer, and leave my bike unattended, unlocked at school; never been touched. it all matters where you are from. when i move next year I sure as hell won't be leaving my bike unattended.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
no,lol.whats the point,to brag.i ride a rubbish bike to school as the pikeys visit around here alot and the bike rack thing is right by the gate so no way.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
Spend $15 and get a beater bike to ride to school. It only takes one person and your $1500 bike is gone.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
i ride my hardtail to school and have to lock through the deemax's and the frame but its never been touched

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
do u seriously need to think about asking a question like this. i had 2 bikes stolen from the inside of my house while i was gone in the hospital, what makes you think that your bike will be safe outside. Even with all the best locks and gadgets there is always someone out there with a way to get the locks off and ride your bike away.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
Simply there are too many variables.

Here are some aspects: If you live in the city, then you shouldent ever leave it outside.

Out in the country you can, most people wont touch it becuase they dont know the worth or chances are you know everon in the town so they wouldent bother.

I Suggest getting a good lock, In my case I live out in a fairly rural area, I ride my most expensive bie all over town, leave it outside, and some of my best biker frineds have keys to the lock in my garage so they can take on out and ride around town. When I comes to school I have made friends with alot of the faculty so they allow me to park my bikes right in the basement of the school, I even have a key to open the garage door there.

It all depends on where you live and who you know

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 13:28 Quote
cheecks wrote:
do u seriously need to think about asking a question like this. i had 2 bikes stolen from the inside of my house while i was gone in the hospital, what makes you think that your bike will be safe outside. Even with all the best locks and gadgets there is always someone out there with a way to get the locks off and ride your bike away.
yeah i no but i live out near the country in england its not too bad but yesterday i legged some pikey's for trying to steal my bike , my brother's p2 and some wood out of ma garage?!? but they ran fast when i came out swearing (lucky they didnt notice im only 14

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
I would leave my bike at school out side. At my school one of the kids bikes was taken apart and striped from wever thing except the frame whihc was locked.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 13:35 Quote
but with most high end bikes a lock doesnt do much you can walk up with a set of allen keys and walk away with parts worth well over $500

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009010
Mobile Version of Website