Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 11:50 Quote
petercake wrote:
devulge96 wrote:
Let's work this equation...

One one of worst places in Europe+one of worst schools to boot+ expensive bike,

NAH.

Love the DP btw

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 14:05 Quote
I just rode it there today. Talent night and what not.
I are Mr announcer pants!
Let some guys from my class try out the session and a few girls.
Peoples dig it, but it's funny how even the biggest tough guy was scared shitless to roll down some stairs on it (stairs in school)

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 14:15 Quote
I've only taken it once to go get something I forgot, didn't lock it up, nothing happened gladly, everyone wanted to go for a spin... I hate that.

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 14:24 Quote
My school is small and filled with rich kids, no one cares and would try anything. I just tok her inside and stashed it right in the auditorium. When it comes to personal property these kids are legit.
Well, they played a prank and put the bike in the girls bathroom to f*ck with me, but that was funny.

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 14:34 Quote
nah at my school kids f*ck with bikes in the bike sheds all the time. they will glue your dust caps on, cut your brake hose and pour brake fluid all over your frame, stick glass in your tires, put ketchup on your grips ect ect ect if you ride a nice bike. luckily all that happened to mine was the dust cap thing, and ive since bought an old road bike to commute on.

i once rode in to find a kids bike with the wheels taken off and put in the two other bike sheds, and the chain split into loads of pieces and thrown over the floor. i think the kid did something to deserve it though from what i remember.

of course you might be lucky enough to go to a school with nice people... at my 6th form (different place) everyone just respects other peoples property

also why would you even want to ride a dh bike to school? if you can afford one then you can afford to buy an old rust road bike for 20 quid... and youl be faster on it.

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 14:45 Quote
rhubarb101 wrote:
nah at my school kids f*ck with bikes in the bike sheds all the time. they will glue your dust caps on, cut your brake hose and pour brake fluid all over your frame, stick glass in your tires, put ketchup on your grips ect ect ect if you ride a nice bike. luckily all that happened to mine was the dust cap thing, and ive since bought an old road bike to commute on.

i once rode in to find a kids bike with the wheels taken off and put in the two other bike sheds, and the chain split into loads of pieces and thrown over the floor. i think the kid did something to deserve it though from what i remember.

of course you might be lucky enough to go to a school with nice people... at my 6th form (different place) everyone just respects other peoples property

also why would you even want to ride a dh bike to school? if you can afford one then you can afford to buy an old rust road bike for 20 quid... and youl be faster on it.
I have a bmx, but it's in pieces (cleaning) and a city bike, but hell I felt like cruising on the dh. No backpack, no worries, sun shining, just all around good time.
Also, I've wanted to ride the schools stairwell for some time now, so eh, tis a win win.

Edit: the resistance you get from pedaling the DH is just the bit of stamina training I need........I feel some results already. I can hit faster even on flat ground than my friend on his bmx, muwahahaha

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 15:06 Quote
My school is little and everyone brings in their nice bikes. If anyone was to steal a bike they would be caught within days!

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 7:22 Quote
bowgy wrote:
My school is little and everyone brings in their nice bikes. If anyone was to steal a bike they would be caught within days!
Maybe even minutes. Everyone know's who's bike belongs to who. Also, I just got my ride insured. Muwaahaha.

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 at 22:20 Quote
marquis wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:
I like my Maxxis badge tho Frown

Theft magnet,true story i tell thee.

I like mine too....and my Michelin Badge...

though here where I live it's not really the labels on the tires...but more so the disc brakes themselves....especially when they're like 8" rotors...

but yea..Lol Check my Gallery I have an old Raleigh that i stripped down put Hayes Mech disc brakes on it slapped on a few Kona frame decals and some Fox stickers on the forks and people actually bought it...LOL...even1 person on here bought it...I know Sherbet was joking Razz (See comments)

here's that bike.

this was the bi3k I rode to School....paid $30 for the brakes got the frame free and got the rims and tires for $50

here's the "Specs"lol

~RST Gila forks
~MX2 Hayes
~AlexrimDM24 rear
~Bontrager Camino front rim
~Maxxis Minion on the rear
~Bontrager Big Earl on the front
~Kona Stinky pedals
~Shimano EZ-Fire shifters
~Deore rear derailler
photo

photo

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 at 22:57 Quote
Looks more like a Norco than a Kona... Very confused

Pretty sweet freeride rig though.

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 at 0:04 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
Looks more like a Norco than a Kona... Very confused

Pretty sweet freeride rig though.

Yea...but Kona stickers were all I had on hand...

and totally..stops on a dimetup

cute DP Btw.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012484
Mobile Version of Website