Uk enduros, but what 650b tyres???

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Uk enduros, but what 650b tyres???
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 5:59 Quote
Hi i have entered the scottish champs this year and i currently have nobbly nics installed. Although they are a good weight they seem to be prone to a puncture on rocky terrain. I am interested in what you think about a conti trail king 2.4 on the front and a 2.2 on the rear?? Or maxxis highroller 2's? But these seem weighty compared to the nobbly nics? Oh and i am not tubeless

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 14:17 Quote
I know tyres are a personal preference thing but I've ridden all the tyres you have listed and by far the best tyre there is the high roller 2. I use 2.3 high roller on the front and a 2.2 XR4 on the back.

I've always found the nobby nics to roll well but lack grip on wet or muddy terrain. They also seem a bit unpredictable on the front

The last trail king I had was ok but lasted a matter of weeks before the bead was coming out of the sidewalls. I'm not sure what version I had though, they may do a meatier version

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 22:30 Quote
J-macbride thank you for your advice, i feel the same about the nics, i think i am steering toward the highrollers aswell.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 0:15 Quote
I swear by magic mary on the front hans dampf on the fear. Majority of my riding is at inners on the enduro trails, can't remember the last time I punctured and I'm never worried about grip. Hope this helps

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 0:28 Quote
Try conti mountain king ii 2.4 front and back (2.4 is closer to 2.25 or 2.3). I ride them and they are pretty good so far.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 1:33 Quote
iandt wrote:
I swear by magic mary on the front hans dampf on the fear. Majority of my riding is at inners on the enduro trails, can't remember the last time I punctured and I'm never worried about grip. Hope this helps

This is helpfull advice, the first round is at inner, will compaire the prices, the maxxis seem expensive, but i guess you get what you pay for!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008776
Mobile Version of Website