Bike park wales bike choices. What do you ride ??

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Bike park wales bike choices. What do you ride ??
Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 10:36 Quote
Ive been to bpw a few times now and always take my dh bike but taking a mate for his first time and he has an enduro bike.. Because of this im taking my specialized xc/enduro bike.. Was just wondering what other people ride apart from downhill bikes. Smile

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 6:57 Quote
In the group I usually go with we have a GT Force (mine), a Specialized Rockhopper, a Kona Cindercone, a Whyte 29er of some kind, and a Specialized FSR. So pretty diverse!

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 8:32 Quote
My Nomad in the main. CCDB Air rear shock and 170 RC2DH solo air Lyriks up front, it's more than enough to take what BPW can throw at it, and can pedal the pedally bits nicely.

A friend took a DH bike there and hated it because the bike wasn't right for the place, even with uplift.

I know people who've ridden it on a hard tail. I'm tempted just for a laugh. Just stuff like Rim Dinger that would be tough going but can just slow it down a bit.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 9:13 Quote
An average AM bike will be more than enough for Bike Park Wales, been there quite a few times now, never felt out of my depth with the 140-160mm travel bikes I've taken.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
This is good to know.. Were doing afan at end of feb so taking a friend to bpw to get hom used to some proper trails.. I agree with a dh bike feeling to much for bpw Smile

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 10:58 Quote
HowitzerUK wrote:
In the group I usually go with we have a GT Force (mine), a Specialized Rockhopper, a Kona Cindercone, a Whyte 29er of some kind, and a Specialized FSR. So pretty diverse!

A bloody Kona Cinders!!! Now that is a name I haven't heard for a while. A fully rigid tubular steel cinders was my first ever experience of MTB 15 odd years back! Ahhhhh the memories Smile

For reference when i visit BPW for the first time in a couple of months my lovely new(to me) stead will be helping me out:

A newer better photo of the Yeti 303 RDH now that the head angle has been adjusted to 64 degrees and the new shifter mounted. All ready to ride

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 4:09 Quote
desman75 wrote:
HowitzerUK wrote:

A bloody Kona Cinders!!! Now that is a name I haven't heard for a while. A fully rigid tubular steel cinders was my first ever experience of MTB 15 odd years back! Ahhhhh the memories Smile

Haha yup, he's had it for about 10 years and the damn thing just refuses to die! Always fun seeing the looks on people's faces when he flies past them on their full sus enduro rigs Smile

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 10:43 Quote
I have an old Cindercone too, admittedly just a commuter now, but it's a solid bike.

I think the beauty of Bike Park Wales is that you can enjoy it just as well on a pretty wide variety of bikes. I often notice that people on full DH rigs who uplift pretty often can have a good bit of fun on the blues and the reds, and likewise you can happily ride all the blacks on a hardtail trail bike. The place is well built enabling you to build skills whatever you've got. Try the smaller bike you mentioned, you'll be guaranteed to find some new lines and new skills!

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 21:53 Quote
Sorry,bit if topic,but what. Ike would people recommend for Revolution bike park?

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 at 8:07 Quote
^ I'm interested in that too.

For BPW I ride a 170mm travel AM YT Wicked Comp - It's pretty much perfect. I feel slightly ever so slightly under-biked on Dai Hard and the big hits at the top of Enter the Dragon - but think I'd be overbiked overwhere else on a DH rig.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 3:30 Quote
My car broke and had to use the money for my new bike to fix it, so when I go bpw at the end of the month I'll be doing it on a 2013 trek stache7 (29er hardtail with 120mm fork) instead of the nice new trek remedy that's sat in the shop waiting for me. I'll just have to stick to blues and reds this time.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 3:36 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Sorry,bit if topic,but what. Ike would people recommend for Revolution bike park?

Heading there next weekend - I shall report back. But I am definitely taking my downhill rig as this is the kind of thing she was bought for...... from what I understand though the bike you may want to take depends on how fast you want to go!

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 4:19 Quote
i have ridden my dirt jump bike at bpw and it was a nightmare! 80mm travel fork, rigid steel frame

next time will be taking my 180mm furious or dh bike.. but im not sure it 'needs' the full dh rig to be honest so i'd be happy riding it on 160-180mm travel bike

cwm carn on the other hand needs a dh bike imo and thats nearby so definitely not a waste to bring the big bike if you make it to cwm carn or other dh trail on the same trip

have fun!!

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 7:47 Quote
desman75 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:

Heading there next weekend - I shall report back. But I am definitely taking my downhill rig as this is the kind of thing she was bought for...... from what I understand though the bike you may want to take depends on how fast you want to go!
I'm going on next Friday 13th ahh!I'll just beef up the mega,coil lyriks,dhx 5.0,chainguide,minions dh casings,that what I used at antur it was fine,have a good time

Posted: Mar 14, 2015 at 15:23 Quote
The most fun I've had at bpw was on my Transition TransAm, Yeti ASR 7 wasn't to bad and the dh bike was a waste of time.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022252
Mobile Version of Website