Angled Headsets

PB Forum :: Downhill
Angled Headsets
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 12:37 Quote
I've just recently started riding downhill ( bmx'er for nearly 30 years ). I rode a couple of expensive hire bikes first and then after some research bought a 2nd hand socom fro with boxer teams.. I absolutely love the feel of the bike and the confidence it gives me.
The bike needs a new headset and I'm toying with the idea of an angle adjust unit from works components. The headtube angle at present is 66.5 degrees most of the current crop of DH bikes seem to be 64 . So my question is ( and really I'm after opinions and views ) do I go for the 2 degree and slacken the bike out to 64.5 or be more conservative with a 1 or 1.5 degree set ?

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 19:50 Quote
If you like it the way it is then why mess with it? If you want it a little more slack I would probably not go too extreme maybe just 1°. Manufacturers put a lot of time dialing in their geometry to work correctly with the suspension so I wouldn't do anything drastic but if you feel a little to over the front on steep stuff or on chunder maybe slacken it up a bit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012023
Mobile Version of Website