Low profile hydration pack for park riding

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Low profile hydration pack for park riding
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 at 17:41 Quote
I'm looking for a low profile/ slim hydration pack for riding DH at lift accessed trails.

I need to be able to carry:
Tube
multi tool
c02 cannisters
phone, keys

The bladder doesn't have to be more than 1L, i'll have no more than a few sips of water in it.

So a small amount of storage, no huge bladder, and slim profile that doesn't flap around whilst airborne.

Any suggestions?

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 19:38 Quote
I use the Evoc FR Lite. It's very slim/low profile. The only thing you may or may not like is that it has an integrated back protector which makes it very tall/long. However, it doesn't flap around at all. It sits very close to your back and it has a lot of fit adjustment points (like a very wide and comfortable hip belt) to help it get positioned correctly.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
hangdogr wrote:
I use the Evoc FR Lite. It's very slim/low profile. The only thing you may or may not like is that it has an integrated back protector which makes it very tall/long. However, it doesn't flap around at all. It sits very close to your back and it has a lot of fit adjustment points (like a very wide and comfortable hip belt) to help it get positioned correctly.

I like the shape, just with I could try one on. Is the built in back protector comfortable?

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 11:17 Quote
I find it to be very comfortable, or rather I just don't notice it at all really. YMMV though.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 12:10 Quote
if you're willing to pay for the quality, i looove my ACRE Houser 10L. it isn't big, has straps for your fullface/halfshell if that matters to you. and its thin and has adjustable straps so you can ensure the perfect snug fit.

Editor O+ FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 13:11 Quote
No one likes to makes the walk of shame at the bike park, that head down trudge back to the base area with your DH bike in tow simply because you couldn't be bothered to pack a spare tube and a pump. As liberating as it is to ride without a pack, carrying at least the bare essentials can make a day in the park go that much smoother. There are a few-low profile options currently on the market, but two in particular caught my eye at last year's Interbike trade show. The first is Race Face's soon-to-be-released Stash Tank ($59.99), a light, breathable tank top that has pockets for a small hydration bladder and three separate pockets to hold the rest of the items you mentioned. The second possibility is Alpinestars' new Evolution jacket ($159.95), which offers back, chest, and removable shoulder protection, along with room for a hydration bladder on top of the back protector. Plus, there are a couple of smaller pockets in the kidney area that will accommodate your tube and tools. Both option will ensure you're not stuck by the side of the trail begging passing riders for tubes, and more than likely you'll end up being the one saving the day.

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 14:52 Quote
Have you looked at camelbak? They do loads of small packs, they do quite a few aimed at runners which might be ideal for what you need.
I've got a camelbak octane which will hold 3L although it's about full once I've got 1.5L water, pump, multi tool, gels etc

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 15:07 Quote
mikekazimer wrote:
No one likes to makes the walk of shame at the bike park, that head down trudge back to the base area with your DH bike in tow simply because you couldn't be bothered to pack a spare tube and a pump. As liberating as it is to ride without a pack, carrying at least the bare essentials can make a day in the park go that much smoother. There are a few-low profile options currently on the market, but two in particular caught my eye at last year's Interbike trade show. The first is Race Face's soon-to-be-released Stash Tank ($59.99), a light, breathable tank top that has pockets for a small hydration bladder and three separate pockets to hold the rest of the items you mentioned. The second possibility is Alpinestars' new Evolution jacket ($159.95), which offers back, chest, and removable shoulder protection, along with room for a hydration bladder on top of the back protector. Plus, there are a couple of smaller pockets in the kidney area that will accommodate your tube and tools. Both option will ensure you're not stuck by the side of the trail begging passing riders for tubes, and more than likely you'll end up being the one saving the day.

The stash tank seems interesting, but wouldn't fit under my armor. Anyway i have decided to go packless, i'll be cramming a tube under my seat and putting the essentials in pant pockets. Thanks for the recommendations though

Posted: Feb 15, 2015 at 16:36 Quote
Dakine Shuttle or Drafter. Used both, hole basic stuff...and fluids.

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 11:25 Quote
I recently got a leatt f4 with the x harness straps. Awesome bag so far small, 1L, carries everything you wanted and very stable on the back because of the harness style. Only downside is the price. For me price wasn't an issue when I bought it and I couldn't be hapoier with it. For stability while riding the x harnesses are the way to go

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010630
Mobile Version of Website