Marzocchi 55 RC3 evo v2 TI service.

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Marzocchi 55 RC3 evo v2 TI service.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
I've had my 2013 marz 55 RC3 for about a year now, so i thought it was about time to service itBig Grin I can't find any tutorial on how to, but i did find a very good video about how to service a 2010 66 RC3 TI, and i thought it might be roughly the same..... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5CVkh7omsDk

Any thougts about this?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 21:34 Quote
It is going to nearly identical. Grab some golden spectro 125/150 and you're off to the races. You'll notice the drive side leg is going to have some very nasty oil. The other side will look nearly perfect. Keep track of those little ball bearings and springs that make the adjustment knobs go click, they like to run off.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 8:21 Quote
Cool. I'll give it a try then! Bought some new SKF seals too!

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
this was on the tech tuesdays a while back, might be useful?

Views: 38,431    Faves: 148    Comments: 10

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 7:55 Quote
iffy wrote:
this was on the tech tuesdays a while back, might be useful?

Views: 38,431    Faves: 148    Comments: 10

In some ways, yes. The part about how to change your seals was definitely usefull Smile

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 9:13 Quote
as i don't want to open a new topic for my problem, i just post it here.
so i've got a strange issue with my '12 55 evo ti.
the initial stroke of the fork is like a dream. but reaching the half of its travel, it is stiffening up.
the fork is freshly serviced, oil levels are as recommended.
if i take out the coil, everything is perfect.. i can push the fork down without any harshness.

if anyone experienced the same problem, i could use some ideas..

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 10:04 Quote
moferenc wrote:
the initial stroke of the fork is like a dream. but reaching the half of its travel, it is stiffening up.
if i take out the coil, everything is perfect.. i can push the fork down without any harshness.

What do you weigh? Marz only produced one spring to fit all riders, and for thos below 70kg, it can be a bit hard to get the right amount of sag. If you are below 70kg i would take out 5-10 ml of the oil, to make it more linear. That's what marzocchi told me to do, and so far, i've been able to use all the travel, and even have a mellow bottom out once (hucking...). If it then feels to soft in the begining of the stroke, i would pump a little bit of air in the air chamber. Remember this only works if you weigh 70kg. And i'm not 100% sure if this is the best answer to your problem, as i'm far from being a suspension guru.

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 14:19 Quote
NoiNPO wrote:
moferenc wrote:

What do you weigh? Marz only produced one spring to fit all riders, and for thos below 70kg, it can be a bit hard to get the right amount of sag. If you are below 70kg i would take out 5-10 ml of the oil, to make it more linear. That's what marzocchi told me to do, and so far, i've been able to use all the travel, and even have a mellow bottom out once (hucking...). If it then feels to soft in the begining of the stroke, i would pump a little bit of air in the air chamber. Remember this only works if you weigh 70kg. And i'm not 100% sure if this is the best answer to your problem, as i'm far from being a suspension guru.

my weight is just above 70kg+gear. i know the feeling when i have a heavier spring for my weight, and sadly, this isn't the issue now.. i can get only ~100mm of travel out of it, and the fork is getting stiff at this point, no matter what.

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 at 14:33 Quote
have you checked and re-assembled the spring side, I think the end caps on the spring go on a particular direction on each end.

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 0:48 Quote
How much psi are you runing in the air chamber? run as little as possible, and as much spring preload as can and try to get your sag right. If that does'nt work, then try to shift out the oil and re assemble the spring.

Is your fork second hand? because if it is the previous owner could've changed the shimstack for a more progressive feel...

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 8:36 Quote
Run no psi and remove some oil. If you aren't getting full travel its most likely an oil height issue. I've had my forks overfilled before and it's impossible to get full travel when this is the case. I'm not much heavier than you and can achieve full travel on stock springs easily with 7ml more oil than is recommended. Get a "ratio right" and refill.

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 6:43 Quote
Which side are we referring to when talking about oil volume to make it more or Les progressive?
Thabks

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
richridesbikes wrote:
Which side are we referring to when talking about oil volume to make it more or Les progressive?
Thabks

The spring side.

Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 8:55 Quote
I find.that oil height on the cart side will make the most impact on end stroke progression since the oil volume is highest on the cart side.

The higher the oil, equals less air volume & that air reaches higher pressure at end stroke meaning more resistance. The spring side I usually just do the standard 100ml.

But that's on 2010-2014 rc3 ti's. And I am by no means an expert, just an owner.

If you want to tune end stroke, you can add oil to the cart side fully compressed. fully extend and put the top cap on after you add or remove oil. but leave the spring side uncapped. Push on the fork and you'll feel the resistance at the end of stroke, add or remove with a straw plugging with your finger to remove a small amount at a time reducing the mess.

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 5:12 Quote
I was recommended by Marzocchi to remove 10ml or more from the spring side, which helped a lot in my case. Be careful to not remove too much oil from the cart side, as that might affect the catridge.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014674
Mobile Version of Website