Snapped Giant Stance after 2 months

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Snapped Giant Stance after 2 months
Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 4:20 Quote
You can complain to Giant.

However the fact that it snapped is kinda your own fault. The bike isn't designed to ride 3ft drop-offs. its a basic entry level XC bike with 120mm basic forks.

I'd recommend buying something with more travel in future.

B

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 10:41 Quote
is the new stance still snapping like the oid one

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 22:27 Quote
Bkelly1 wrote:

You can complain to Giant.

Very sage advice. Except that Giant refuses to discuss anything relating to the defective 2015 Stance chainstays Other than to say there is no problem with them, All the broken ones, all in the same spot are some sort of mass hysteria phenomenon, and, that they redesigned the part in the 2016 models. Even though there is no problem, because Giant is legendary for redesigning components, with no problems, then not making them available, even as an outright purchase, which leaves me without a bike..

Giant says I should contact my local dealer, and see if there are any sales on new Giant bikes, presumably ones that also don't have problems, bikes that Giant is proud to stand by, and not emperil .their customers safety with.

However the fact that it snapped is kinda your own fault. The bike isn't designed to ride 3ft drop-offs. its a basic entry level XC bike with 120mm basic forks.

I'd recommend buying something with more travel in future.

[/Quote]

I abused mine even more. I was riding it to work, on a paved bike lane through our river valley when it failed. Pretty harsh treatment. If I had just left it at home, and not ridden it at all, it would still be fine no doubt.

I share your contempt for anybody not willing to pay 10-15K for a daily driver. Who expects a bike you paid just over a grand for to last more than 4 years? Or a manufacturer to care about anybody riding their bikes,that they do not endorse for advertising? Right?

Blame the victim. I'll buy a Walmart bike on sale long before Giant ever sees a dime from me.

You might want to call Boeing, I hear they are looking for people with talents like yours. After all, what do you expect in a commercial airliner in the same price bracket as the 737 Max 7?

The fact your remains had to be identified by DNA is kinda your own fault for not traveling first class on a non budget airline.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037247
Mobile Version of Website