PDX Riders Roll Call!

PB Forum :: USA - West
PDX Riders Roll Call!
Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 10, 2015 at 17:26 Quote
Let's see where all you Portlandia folk are riding and what bike you are taking to the trails.

I am new to the area having moved from Seattle and curious to see what everyone takes to the trails.

Location | SE Portland

Bikes | 2014 Pivot Point and a 2013 Pivot Phoenix

Favorite Trail | None Frown Still looking for the spot!

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 14:15 Quote
in the same boat. downtown for work and no car (makes it tough to get to trails). Have zip car'ed out to Sandy Ridge a few times but gets expensive to pay for a car that sits there while you ride...riding a Scott Genius. Push it pretty hard so am game for most trails. Would love to car pool (will help with gas)! work quite a bit during week - so weekend rides best for me.

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 12:23 Quote
My wife and I may move back to Portland at the end of the summer. We are currently in San Diego - tons of trail within 15 - 20 minutes of downtown. We lived in Portland before moving to San Diego (6 years ago) and the only "trail" in town was riding out the old road in Forest Park then you could do a mediocre downhill about 6-8 miles out. Not sure if any of that has changed.

It seems like there's tons of riding (Blackrock, Sandy Ridge, Hood River, Washougal area) but you need to drive 45 minutes to an hour + is that still true?

Not looking to learn about anyone's social trails but just want to know what to expect before moving....Still hoping to convince the wife that we should move to Hood River though!

Beer Beer Beer

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 19:57 Quote
I moved here from alaska in october and live in sandy, I commute most days to boring on my tr450 but slay sandy ridge when I can on the weekends
2011 tr450
Deemax
Saint cranks and stoppy things
Raceface
Maxxis tubeless
Boxxer team
Fox dhx 4.0 Ti
Call sign "Indigo Star"

My favorite trail so far is a linked transfer between rock drop- 338- two turntables and a microwave- hide n seek then when I want sick flow I hit up TNT and lil Monty beware though these last ones got some jeep sized jumps in the midst, so sick though. All in all you can't go wrong with sandy ridge

Posted: Mar 15, 2015 at 21:58 Quote
Defiantly will have to plan some rides this season! I have weekends off which makes for easy planning. Been watching videos and researching trails just need to pull the trigger. Glad to hear there are some fellow riders close by.

Any of these spots have dirt jumps? My local trails up north had a good selection of single track and dj's.

Bring on the warm weather!

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 10:48 Quote
Is Sandy rideable this time of year? Going to be down over easter weekend, what will be best area for all around riding? Bringing a buddy who's been out of the game for 4-5 years, so nothing insane. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 13:32 Quote
I'll be vacationing to PDX this summer with my family. I'll have one day to ride, so I want to make the most of it. I have a DH bike, so I don't want to climb. Any lift assisted places worth going to?

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 12:47 Quote
hetfield1 wrote:
I'll be vacationing to PDX this summer with my family. I'll have one day to ride, so I want to make the most of it. I have a DH bike, so I don't want to climb. Any lift assisted places worth going to?

Ski Bowl is the spot if you want lift access. Not to far out of town either.

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 17:54 Quote
bighitfsr04 wrote:
hetfield1 wrote:

Ski Bowl is the spot if you want lift access. Not to far out of town either.

Thanks. Is it worth the price of admission?

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 13:37 Quote
Lift tickets are $30 or $35 I believe.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 21:57 Quote
I'm also pretty New to Portland. I have found a couple local rides anddone Sandy a few times. If anyone wants to put a ride together I'm into it. Also have in on gas/driving or trailhead beers.

Posted: Apr 6, 2015 at 11:14 Quote
Another Portland newbie here, I ride a lot during the week and weekends, mainly trail but I'll mess with some freeride if I'm feeling spunky. Have a car and generally ride in Hood River area or Sandy Ridge.

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 11:55 Quote
How is Sandy running? Looking for some medium to advance trails to run laps on with the 29nr. I am game for some Weekday rides after work, and 100% up for the weekends. Would be cool to ride with people who know the trails.

Are the Hood River trails centralized in one area or are there multiple trail heads?

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 12:40 Quote
bighitfsr04 wrote:
How is Sandy running? Looking for some medium to advance trails to run laps on with the 29nr. I am game for some Weekday rides after work, and 100% up for the weekends. Would be cool to ride with people who know the trails.

Are the Hood River trails centralized in one area or are there multiple trail heads?

Sandy is very well built and can be ridden almost anytime. But you won't get your trail location question answered on here, best to go ride and ask around. Good luck

Posted: Apr 11, 2015 at 13:58 Quote
Sandy was perfect when I rode it last Sunday. Theres a really good map for sale in any of the shops in Hood River that shows all the trail systems. Not sure why shaowin is saying you won't get the question answered?

But yeah go into a shop in Hood River and grab a map and you'll be having a blast. Let me know if you're ever game for a ride!

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006437
Mobile Version of Website