Hello
Looking for a CX bike but the sizing is out of whack depends on MFG
I'm looking at Giant
My sizing is
5'8" hight
31.5 insight pent leg

I ride 54" road bike

the bike the most like to fit me well is small TCX or TCX Advance

Wondering if I should look at XS, S or Med?

Med is almost identical size as my road bike

Giant makes large frames

Thank you for your help

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 at 14:47 Quote
I work at a shop and we carry Giant and they tend to fit a bit bigger then some of the bikes out there. I ride a 59 norco cx and with giant I would be riding a 57. With a cross bike you want it to be smaller then your road bike. Cross bikes are meant to be compact so you can get behind the saddle on descents. I have not come across many racers who ride the same size cross bike and road bikes. Best off to test out both sizes and see what feels better. Try to test out in a similar landscape as a cross race would be held in your local area. I am guessing that the small will be your best fit. Best of luck.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 21:25 Quote
fresh306 wrote:
I work at a shop and we carry Giant and they tend to fit a bit bigger then some of the bikes out there. I ride a 59 norco cx and with giant I would be riding a 57. With a cross bike you want it to be smaller then your road bike. Cross bikes are meant to be compact so you can get behind the saddle on descents. I have not come across many racers who ride the same size cross bike and road bikes. Best off to test out both sizes and see what feels better. Try to test out in a similar landscape as a cross race would be held in your local area. I am guessing that the small will be your best fit. Best of luck.
THX
What shop are you at?
do you have any stock on cx giants?

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.011226
Mobile Version of Website