The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 3:17 Quote
jezzah wrote:
Mabagal wrote:
kubabike wrote:

Magabal, did you use one bushing or two? Have you notice any influence on suspension? I mean too much progression or so?

How do you like the change? Does it affect the climbing abilities negatively?

I used two (purchased from offsetbushings.com)...To be honest I didn't really notice any change in terms of the behavior of the suspension...Still fairly linear and active... I have a CCDB Air CS by the way...

There won't be any large change in suspension characteristics when using Offset Bushings. We sell many for the Sanction - we had a few orders for them this morning in fact. We've also supplied them to the GT team, so they certainly improve the handling!

Jeron @ Offset Bushings

Can you write which bushing parameters GT team use and what are the changes in their bikes geometry? If it's not a secretRolleyes

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 6:39 Quote
shearny wrote:
Fox 36 with Superstar angleset.

Sorry what I meant to ask was the travel. Is it 160 or 170?

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
brazilian-monkey wrote:
mistermtb wrote:
I have a 1.5 degree angleset in mine. It's a beast

Sweet, what brand?

Cane Creek

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
whippy-woolley wrote:
peanutbuter wrote:
does anyone else get a rather loud creaking cracking sound from there sanction under pedalling
mine has been creaking since the first couple of rides over a year ago

I had creaking and it was the bolt holding my dogbone link into the frame. It eventually let go (after being told not to worry about it) and stripped the threads from the frame and bolt..

Oh and I check the torque settings all the time too

I just experienced the same thing. Luckily, just the BB link stripped and not the front triangle. The hollow dog bone bolt was visibly bent. Got new parts on the way from GT and look forward to getting it up and running again! I think solid bolts and one of those trick custome dog bones will prevent future blowouts.

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 12:01 Quote
dlinniy wrote:
jezzah wrote:

There won't be any large change in suspension characteristics when using Offset Bushings. We sell many for the Sanction - we had a few orders for them this morning in fact. We've also supplied them to the GT team, so they certainly improve the handling!

Jeron @ Offset Bushings

Can you write which bushing parameters GT team use and what are the changes in their bikes geometry? If it's not a secretRolleyes

I'm also curious; hope you can spill the beans! Big Grin

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
brazilian-monkey wrote:
raometto wrote:
a-prince wrote:
I'm really not trying to hate on it. The i-drive is a problem I have had too. I'm just commenting on future potential problems I see.

I guess I worded that bad, what I would be worried about is rocks getting kicked up and smacking it. I have had some serious down tube strikes on all my bikes from regular riding. It's just what immediately came to mind. Maybe unlikely, but especially something threaded in if it gets a direct impact will be pretty hard to take back out. Again, ingenuity is what makes the world go around so I'm not trying to hate.

I ride in dry UT anyway so replacing the zerc fitting with a plug could be a viable option. I might be interested in buying one myself if that's an option.

thanks for your words a-prince ! i think that everyone can add something to help and get a better result!
i had this kind of issue when i rode a Nomad and rocks got in the way !!
by the experience that we are having i think it won´t be a problem.
brazilian-monkey is one of the fastest guys riding the enduro champs here in Brazil and he is using it for some time with a coil shock. zero play and nothing damaged.

it´s such a good feeling when you finish your ride, check your bike trying to see if it´s everything in place and it is! hold your bashguard and try to move it back and forward ,no moviment , any play.

for sure it is a option!

cheers

forget it, you will never smash grease port, bashguard is so much higher

Hi there mate,
I just ordered my fox dhx2 today and getting very excited! I've got a couple of questions for you: do u ever bottom out your fox dhx2 given the linear rate of the sanction? How is the clearance of the coil under the seat tube?

Thanks in advance bro!

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:00 Quote
if anyone is looking for replacement bearings/bushings I just posted these up:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2153726/

pm me if interested.

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 3:32 Quote
Mabagal wrote:

Yes i have it on mine.. slackens the HA by 1 degree and equally important lowers the BB height a bit...

Could you measure the wheelbase and BB height? Can you upload a picture of side view of your bike? THX!

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 11:21 Quote
Hello all new to this gt sanction thread, would like some help on the price and how to purchase a raometto dog bone kit thanks in advance

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 13:00 Quote
Hi, I tried to take out the dogbone bolt the last time I had the bushing noise and couldn't. I could loosen it but no joy removing it from the frame. I gave up and got the bike shop to do it. Considering how often they need to be done I'd like to do them myself. Any chance anyone can tell me why the bolt wouldn't come out? Anyone take photos of their process by any chance? Cheers in advance

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 13:03 Quote
Such a good bike other than the dogbone issue.

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 14:23 Quote
Sanctioned wrote:
Hello all new to this gt sanction thread, would like some help on the price and how to purchase a raometto dog bone kit thanks in advance

Hey, if you go back a few pages you can contact him.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/raometto/

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 16:24 Quote
give the to bolts a light tap with a drift and they should come straight out

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 0:17 Quote
peanutbuter wrote:
give the to bolts a light tap with a drift and they should come straight out

This. You can also try spraying a bit of WD40.. that's what i did.

Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
kubabike wrote:
Mabagal wrote:

Yes i have it on mine.. slackens the HA by 1 degree and equally important lowers the BB height a bit...

Could you measure the wheelbase and BB height? Can you upload a picture of side view of your bike? THX!

Sorry just read this. Will try when I get back home. Cheers!

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Jackson, MS Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
1 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Lakeville, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
1 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Blaine, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
2 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Woodbury, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
2 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Plymouth, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
3 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Duluth, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
3 mins ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
3 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Brooklyn Park, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
4 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Bloomington, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
5 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Rochester, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
5 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Lake Charles, LA Psychic Readings By Smith
5 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Lafayette, LA Psychic Readings By Smith
5 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in St. Paul, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
6 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Minneapolis, MN Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
6 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Metairie, LA Psychic Readings By Smith
6 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Shreveport, LA Psychic Readings By Smith
7 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In New Orleans, LA Psychic Readings By Smith
8 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Bartlett, IL Psychic Readings By Smith
8 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Westland, MI Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
8 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Lombard, IL Psychic Readings By Smith
9 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Moline, IL Psychic Readings By Smith
9 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Troy, MI Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
10 mins ago - Best Psychic Mediums (325) 273 8255 Love Spells in Livonia, MI Marriage/Divorce Bring back lost lover obsession spell
11 mins ago - [Post Your Projects] Road, & Fixed Gear
11 mins ago - Get Your Ex Back Cell: (201) 473-4645 Voodoo Love Spells In Plainfield, IL Psychic Readings By Smith

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009917
Mobile Version of Website