The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 16:47 Quote
No idea will have to try then. 150 sucks a bit though....

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
Anyone fancy a Sanction?? Hahahaha

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 23:53 Quote
Hi guys I have a gt Sanction 2016 and it has gone through 2 bottom bracket sets already is this normal. Or should it not be going through this many

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 0:16 Quote
Hi, does anyone use a Monarch Plus in the Sanction? Which tune will I Need? Low oder Medium Compression?

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 2:26 Quote
Hazard12345 wrote:
Hi guys I have a gt Sanction 2016 and it has gone through 2 bottom bracket sets already is this normal. Or should it not be going through this many

I've changed bearings im my Sanction after a half season of riding. One bearing (the drive side) on RaceFace BB developed play. I've put cheap 6805 rs bearings. It works. I don't know if this is normal. I though i had a bad luck.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 4:13 Quote
gcutter wrote:
Hi, does anyone use a Monarch Plus in the Sanction? Which tune will I Need? Low oder Medium Compression?

I need to check it will get back to you

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 4:20 Quote
kubabike wrote:
Hazard12345 wrote:

I've changed bearings im my Sanction after a half season of riding. One bearing (the drive side) on RaceFace BB developed play. I've put cheap 6805 rs bearings. It works. I don't know if this is normal. I though i had a bad luck.

I wouldnt put cheap bearings... I just cleaned the fsa headset from mud rust etc... yak... bearings are crap.
I will soon buy a better headset and bb, as soon as they are done.

Related note: I asked the question about dogbone and bearings: GT answered that the pivots need constant maintenance, they made it easy to service but it is necessary to intervene very often to lengthen the life of the bearings and dogbone.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 6:17 Quote
gcutter wrote:

I have it's M/M

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 7:11 Quote
W64bitXW wrote:
gcutter wrote:

I have it's M/M

perfect, thank you for the info

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 at 11:14 Quote
gcutter wrote:
W64bitXW wrote:
gcutter wrote:

I have it's M/M

perfect, thank you for the info
What is your pressure ? what weight?

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
What kind of seat post are you running? I'm searching for a budget one as I'm not sure I wanna spend 500cnd for a reverb and it's seems like it's the only option as other brand having a 34.9 are really rare

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 12:08 Quote
Anyone knows the rear axle thread size on a 2016 sanction pro? 1, 1.25 or 1.5?

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 2:05 Quote
marechal wrote:
What kind of seat post are you running? I'm searching for a budget one as I'm not sure I wanna spend 500cnd for a reverb and it's seems like it's the only option as other brand having a 34.9 are really rare

I'm using standard AllTerra dropper no issues. If it has issues I'll buy just normal seat post it's much more cheaper it will work forever, it's lighter and in most cases I'm riding downhill if it's uphill on my way I have enough time to adjust seat post, but it's only my opinion.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:58 Quote
marechal wrote:

Try looking for a 31.6 as that is the correct size. All sorts available crc have good deals if you can get postage and if not go on the ks website and if you want a real cheap basic seat post they do one that’s a under seat lever that you have to pull up and push down so good if you just crawl up and hammer downhill. It’s under a different brand name like speed something

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 4:01 Quote
Here the one I am on about. Can probably run a larger drop due to very little internals

https://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/ks-exa-form-speed-up-dropper-seatpost-black/14585

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012106
Mobile Version of Website