The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 7:56 Quote
caval wrote:
mistermtb wrote:
I have sold mine now but I only sold it because I wanted more of an XC bike again. I picked up a Norco Optic 27.5 which I am loving. But the Sanction was an excellent bike for me and like other people have been saying, this bike really shines on steep shit. Especially with the Angleset I had installed on mine which brought the headtube angle down to 64.5 degrees and stretched the wheelbase to 1205mm for a size medium. It was sick! I had to change the dogbone once in the 18 months that I had the bike and I also cracked the part of the frame that the BB threads into. But both times I was lucky that a shop near me was able to get the parts within a week or less. I loved the bike! But I am enjoying pedaling something 6lbs lighter Razz

Can you tell me which Angle Set did you use?

i'm thinking to increase the fork travel up to 180 and use an angle set to lower the bike in the same position.
What do you think? is it going to be too extreme?

I rode mine at 180mm upfront in standard headset. Its only 10mm it felt amazing!

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 4:12 Quote
caval wrote:
Can you tell me which Angle Set did you use?

i'm thinking to increase the fork travel up to 180 and use an angle set to lower the bike in the same position.
What do you think? is it going to be too extreme?

From my experience angle set will not make your front end lower. In fact the bottom cup is few mm higher than the standard one.

I'm using offset bushings which give me -1 degree HA (65) + 10 mm in WB (1225 in L). I'm thinking about making my 170mm travel fox a 180 mm beast.

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 9:44 Quote
When I had my Sanction, I ran it with a Cane Creek Angleset which took 1.5 degrees off the head angle and added about 15mm in wheelbase. The lower headset cup was taller than average and added a few mm to the bar height. I thought about bringing the fork up to 180mm too, I bet it makes the bike even more beastly!

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
mistermtb wrote:
When I had my Sanction, I ran it with a Cane Creek Angleset which took 1.5 degrees off the head angle and added about 15mm in wheelbase. The lower headset cup was taller than average and added a few mm to the bar height. I thought about bringing the fork up to 180mm too, I bet it makes the bike even more beastly!
that was always my plan if I bought a sanction, park bike style thing, Large frame, rigid post, shorter cassette, 180 fork, angleset, coil or big air shock and DH tyres.

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 7:08 Quote
Just curious what tires everyone running on there bikes? Time for new shoes on the sanction, might change it up a bit this season

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 7:28 Quote
Casey23 wrote:
Just curious what tires everyone running on there bikes? Time for new shoes on the sanction, might change it up a bit this season

I got a magic Mary 2.3 front and a maxxis minion ss for the rear. I tend to change the rear to a high roller for when I need more traction and grip esp in the wet, but for the drier ground I go for the minion ss at least I still have the side knobs for corner grip

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
Casey23 wrote:
i got marys front and back there a great tyre for grip and confidence

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 15:38 Quote
Magic Mary Vertstar front Trailstar back in Supergravity casing

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 23:31 Quote
Minion DHF2,5 Maxxgrip on front wheel, Aggressor 2,3 on rear. Or Highrollers on both wheels when wet.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 4:04 Quote
Schwalbe NobiNic 2.6 haven't tried them yet in wood or mountains, previously I used to have Maxxis High Roller 2.4

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 6:24 Quote
Interesting! I'm pretty devoted to my 2.5 minion on the front, though I have considered trying a magic mary. I like the aggressor in the rear, but it in my comes in that tint 2.3. Minion dhf front and rear was the best combo of ran, but the rolling resistance was ridiculous!

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 7:38 Quote
I rode Minions when I had one!

On the new bike I have Schwable magic mary and hans dampf. Such a fast combo I love it!

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 13:10 Quote
What's everyones procedures for looking after the dog bone bushes? I changed mine about 10 rides ago and there wearing already.
Tbf it been mostly muddy days.
Is there anyway to prolong the life of them?

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 14:09 Quote
Rex636 wrote:
What's everyones procedures for looking after the dog bone bushes? I changed mine about 10 rides ago and there wearing already.

ive only had my sanction a few weeks and done a hand full of rides but think all u can do this time of year is make shore it has a good clean after every ride. then spray gt85 or another spray in and around the dogbone area to drive out moisture. it also keeps mud from sticking to it and leaves a barrier. also ive been told to make shore the bolts r tight b4 each ride. some people on here have used plastic bushings but only place you can get them is america far as i can see.

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 17:52 Quote
Rex636 wrote:

I spray the bog bone, and my whole bike, down with maximum silicon spray. No mud or dirt Will stick to it. It just slides off. My bushing have been going strong since July with about 2 rides a week after keeping them coated with this. Seems to be the trick for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014701
Mobile Version of Website