The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 12:21 Quote
gconlon08 wrote:
rickyvic wrote:
Thanks everyone, I changed the dogbone du bushes with the ones from igus, very smooth, non need to grease them, just externally. I don't have an extractor so I used sockets and a vice.
have u got a link for the bushes

GSM-1517-15 igus you need to search on the website or local distributors.
This are the correct ones for use in dirty conditions, so far so good no play no need to clean that much.

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
kgbdhbiker wrote:
No prior I was using a coil on the 2016. This year I had the vivid air on the 2018. Vivid air was best on it (friend had one with fox something - liked vivid air better)

I moved on to an x2 performance, excellent, although very linear, never once I hit the bottom, tune is low compression.
It is only a bit dead but thats the linkage that is not very progressive, very mildly.
I am gonna try spacers on the x2 and see how it behaves, I need a bit of pop with flats.

Lyrik rc dual with 2 tokens no good I can't use enough travel and I just had the lowers serviced.
I will use 1 and see. I have got 85 psi.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 4:31 Quote
hey guys, which stem do you use?
Right now i'm on a RF Turbine 50 and i would like to move to a 35mm (lenght) stem but i'm afraid that is too short.
Any advice?

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 7:59 Quote
I ran an Easton haven 32mm stem on mine. Loved it. I felt it Made the front end much easier to get off the ground compared to the 60mm stem it had when I bought it.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 17:24 Quote
Has anyone tried using a fork with a shorter offset?

I am seriously considering getting a 170mm MRP Ribbon in 39mm offset for my Sanction.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
caval wrote:
hey guys, which stem do you use?
Right now i'm on a RF Turbine 50 and i would like to move to a 35mm (lenght) stem but i'm afraid that is too short.
Any advice?
The shorter the better but it depends on your size fit
If I knew before we could have swapped ours I run a 40 and need a bigger size so I ordered a 50.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
Verbl-Kint wrote:
Has anyone tried using a fork with a shorter offset?

I am seriously considering getting a 170mm MRP Ribbon in 39mm offset for my Sanction.

Assuming you did not use angleset it is a wise update worth a try keep us posted

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 17:05 Quote
well i posted my sanction a while but i made some changes recently and i think she looks a whole lot better, debating on re painting either grey or orange cream. The current turns to violet with pearl in the sun but I'm liking the idea of a light grey with a blue pearl
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 23:00 Quote
The painting is awesome, but why the hell did you buy suntour???? Does it really work?

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
blob425 wrote:
well i posted my sanction a while but i made some changes recently and i think she looks a whole lot better, debating on re painting either grey or orange cream. The current turns to violet with pearl in the sun but I'm liking the idea of a light grey with a blue pearl
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
Very nice bike.
What is the travel of your seat post?

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 4:45 Quote
Hi guys gunna be doing a bearing change on the linkage of my sanction. Should I apply grease to where the bearing sits. Also shud u grease the outer silver rings which r on the main pivot. She's creeking a bit and I've had it a year so I'm thinking a good strip and regrease may help.
Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 6:46 Quote
gconlon08 wrote:
Hi guys gunna be doing a bearing change on the linkage of my sanction. Should I apply grease to where the bearing sits. Also shud u grease the outer silver rings which r on the main pivot. She's creeking a bit and I've had it a year so I'm thinking a good strip and regrease may help.
Cheers
Yes i changed the bearing only one time from 2015 and i put some grease to help future maintenance. You can put some grease on the bushings too. Clean the dogbone very well!

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 6:49 Quote
blob425 wrote:

Very very cool colour! Why suntor? How work the fork?

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
W64bitXW wrote:
The painting is awesome, but why the hell did you buy suntour???? Does it really work?

Im a brand ambassador for them so i get all their stuff for next to nothing, and ive been asked if i had to pay full pricr would i still run their stuff, and for me i would. It is without a doubt the stiffest single crown ive found on the market to date and ive ran the 36 and lyriks in tge past, i love the range of adjustment (same tuning as the grip 2 from fox) and my favorite part is that if the damper ever needs a bleed or re shim its really easy to do from my garage. The bolt on fender has been rad, and the amount of adjustability on the fork has been great for a big guy like me. They are heavier than the other forks but ive had 2 durolux's on 2 bikes for the past 2 years and neither has ever had a creak out of the csu. It may not be the most refined product or have the most sex appeal but its been durable and performs right up with the big boys so im in love with it!

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 7:49 Quote
bbsh51 wrote:
blob425 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
Very nice bike.
What is the travel of your seat post?

Its pnw cascade with 125mm of travel on a medium frame, i wanted to go internally routed but id be limited to a 100mm post

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.065294
Mobile Version of Website