The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Juliobravo0 wrote:
Need god bone kit
No need for custom dogbone you just need to replace the bushings inside it. I have a bunch of the best you can find.
Only thing dont let them run lose otherwise the whole link would bend and need replacement.
True for fury and sanction up to 2018 MY

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
t-stoff wrote:
simplesimson wrote:
Hey guys, yesterday i changed the bearings and cleaned everything up. The ticking noise is gone. I think its been one of the lower, smaller bearings thats been creating it. Next step for me is printing a mudcover. I think its not been beaten up but some sand did sneak its way into the bearing. Thanks for your help! Smile

Oh excellent!!
I did a crude one myself from plastic I had around, it works well because the screw goes through the hollow axle, but by the end of the month I'll be changing to da CXP dogbone, I'll have to figure out a solution if the new ones arent hollow.
when you figure out a design please share! thanks!;D

Hey man this is really neat!
These engineers at gt suck they could not come out with something like this.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
And it was really simple to do it, just grabbed a little bit o hard plastic (I keep the ones that usually come in with bikes and bike parts) and bent it a little bit using heat, drilled a hole, put in a "spacer" and that was it. Some more images:

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
t-stoff wrote:
And it was really simple to do it, just grabbed a little bit o hard plastic (I keep the ones that usually come in with bikes and bike parts) and bent it a little bit using heat, drilled a hole, put in a "spacer" and that was it. Some more images:

Smart!!

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
I Installed the new CXP dogbone a couple of minutes ago and I had to do another flap, but as the bolts are hollow it can be done in the exact same way.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 4:30 Quote
Hey,
my Ticking noise is back 150km and about 1500hm (around 4500 vertical feet) later. I´m quiet sure its the dogbone again. Even though i have one with ball bearings which also arent older than around 200km, they are just to small to take the beating.

Need to fix it for good, dont want to take the bike apart every two weeks..

So how do you guys decouple the rotation of the dogbone from the Frame? I tryed using paper which is normaly used for sealing. Didnt work good enough. Than I tryed polished 12mm shim rings. They had the problem, that their outer Dia is to large, so the whole bearing rubs on the shimring not just the inner ring of the bearing.
So I/we would need something that inner dia is 12 and outer is 14 with a depth of 1.05 mm (in my case)... So the bearing can rotated free and doesnt transfer its friction to the frame.

Sorry for the bad spelling. I cant get ride of the autocorrection which always ruins the english words..

For the protection part - i ll upload my solution later this evening. I modified my ISCG bashguard. So that i dont add any moving parts which can make the frame even more noisy Smile

If we can get a good solution working I ll produce the parts and send them to you.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
simplesimson wrote:
Hey,
my Ticking noise is back 150km and about 1500hm (around 4500 vertical feet) later. I´m quiet sure its the dogbone again. Even though i have one with ball bearings which also arent older than around 200km, they are just to small to take the beating.

Need to fix it for good, dont want to take the bike apart every two weeks..

So how do you guys decouple the rotation of the dogbone from the Frame? I tryed using paper which is normaly used for sealing. Didnt work good enough. Than I tryed polished 12mm shim rings. They had the problem, that their outer Dia is to large, so the whole bearing rubs on the shimring not just the inner ring of the bearing.
So I/we would need something that inner dia is 12 and outer is 14 with a depth of 1.05 mm (in my case)... So the bearing can rotated free and doesnt transfer its friction to the frame.

Sorry for the bad spelling. I cant get ride of the autocorrection which always ruins the english words..

For the protection part - i ll upload my solution later this evening. I modified my ISCG bashguard. So that i dont add any moving parts which can make the frame even more noisy Smile

If we can get a good solution working I ll produce the parts and send them to you.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
ISCG Bashguard with Mudguard for Dogbone

I´ve ridden the bash without the mudprotector for a while now. Surprised how much beating laserprinted parts can take. So i ll try this one with the Mudguard. Looks kind of ugly in CAD hope it looks better in reallity Wink

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 6:39 Quote
I looks really neat!!

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
Anyone here running a coil? How's it working out?

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 4:05 Quote
rowanlewis wrote:
Anyone here running a coil? How's it working out?
I used to but i'm back on air now. With the coil the bike feel sluggish (if is correct to say) i like the more pop feeling of air shox. And due to the low progression of the sistem you have to ride with HSC rather close as well. But if you like a DH feeling bike go ahead!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013423
Mobile Version of Website