The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
I´m running a Ohlins TTX22m with 550 spring (115kg). I use the bike as a do it all weapon. But no tours longer 30km. I really like the DHish feeling a lot. But the climbs are to be beaten. every-single-one. Stand up pedaling is a real energy waster.

BTW I finished my design of the DogboneMudguard:
photo

photo

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 6:45 Quote
simplesimson wrote:
I´m running a Ohlins TTX22m with 550 spring (115kg). I use the bike as a do it all weapon. But no tours longer 30km. I really like the DHish feeling a lot. But the climbs are to be beaten. every-single-one. Stand up pedaling is a real energy waster.

photo

photo
Are you looking at selling these ?

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
I would like to get one too Big Grin

simplesimson wrote:

photo

photo

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
I will at least make them accessable to everybody. So what I´m planing is offering to send them out - but i dont wanna earn money with it. So i just want to cover my own expences which obviously are very little. If the shipping costs are to high i will send out the files needed to make them your own / get them made by a 3dprinting provider. So everybody that wants to have less trouble with his lovly bike shall be served. Smile

Maybe ill make a CNC version made of aluminium just for the bling bling. But i cant think of a save way. The good thing about the 3D printed parts is that they would break if u hit something hard. So your linkage is not damaged. Made of aluminium might change this..

After my tests now i ll report back in Smile

BTW- thanks for your positiv feedback!

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
simplesimson wrote:
I will at least make them accessable to everybody. So what I´m planing is offering to send them out - but i dont wanna earn money with it. So i just want to cover my own expences which obviously are very little. If the shipping costs are to high i will send out the files needed to make them your own / get them made by a 3dprinting provider. So everybody that wants to have less trouble with his lovly bike shall be served. Smile

Maybe ill make a CNC version made of aluminium just for the bling bling. But i cant think of a save way. The good thing about the 3D printed parts is that they would break if u hit something hard. So your linkage is not damaged. Made of aluminium might change this..

After my tests now i ll report back in Smile

BTW- thanks for your positiv feedback!

Good man!!!

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 1:28 Quote
I'm really looking forward to have one as well! Waiting the results of your testing!

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
First street tests looked good. no idea how it performes in real dirt, its bone dry in germany atm...
Thats how it looks like in PETG
photo

photo

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 6:30 Quote
simplesimson wrote:
Hey,
my Ticking noise is back 150km and about 1500hm (around 4500 vertical feet) later. I´m quiet sure its the dogbone again. Even though i have one with ball bearings which also arent older than around 200km, they are just to small to take the beating.

Need to fix it for good, dont want to take the bike apart every two weeks..

So how do you guys decouple the rotation of the dogbone from the Frame? I tryed using paper which is normaly used for sealing. Didnt work good enough. Than I tryed polished 12mm shim rings. They had the problem, that their outer Dia is to large, so the whole bearing rubs on the shimring not just the inner ring of the bearing.
So I/we would need something that inner dia is 12 and outer is 14 with a depth of 1.05 mm (in my case)... So the bearing can rotated free and doesnt transfer its friction to the frame.

Sorry for the bad spelling. I cant get ride of the autocorrection which always ruins the english words..

For the protection part - i ll upload my solution later this evening. I modified my ISCG bashguard. So that i dont add any moving parts which can make the frame even more noisy Smile

If we can get a good solution working I ll produce the parts and send them to you.

If you go back and search the thread you will see that dogbone du bush is wear and tear. I personally found a solution that is inexpensive, anyway you need to take the dogbone apart every once in a while.

The du bushes I have are made for this type of application the original ones rust and dont go well with mud and dust.
It is in my buysell section.

You can instead get a custom dogbone with bearings but the bearings will wear over time.

I also and many have here, used a plastic protection to avoid getting it dirty.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
simplesimson wrote:

photo

photo

This is beautiful

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
simplesimson wrote:
First street tests looked good. no idea how it performes in real dirt, its bone dry in germany atm...
photo

photo
Send one over here for some testing. I've no shortage of mud!!!

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
simplesimson wrote:
photo

photo

Looks like it will do the job

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 17:52 Quote
Well, I just bust my allen key trying to get the dogbone out, off to the engineer I go.

Might replace it with the CXP dogbone.

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 19:40 Quote
Same dude. Was pretty sure I greased the bolt when putting it in but it is completely stuck. Bent my allen key trying to get it out.

Maybe an longer allen key made of a stronger metal would work?

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
It was a bondhus, expensive one too. Big leverage bar, heat, penetrating spray. No go.

Haven't had it apart from factory, but I was aware something like this might happen so no Biggie. Probably a good reminder for everyone else to keep on top of it.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 0:30 Quote
Frown
I use a big allen that goes all the way thru the bolt and then use an old seatpost tube to leverage the thing.
I've noticed that "slacking" the dogbone by getting the wheel up (I work on it while the bike is upside down) helps.
I think it's the frame poor fitting in that area that gets them even more stubborn to get out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022741
Mobile Version of Website