The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 2:25 Quote
dubiousdesigns wrote:
It was a bondhus, expensive one too. Big leverage bar, heat, penetrating spray. No go.

Haven't had it apart from factory, but I was aware something like this might happen so no Biggie. Probably a good reminder for everyone else to keep on top of it.

Anti seize is what you want son, I've done a couple of sets of bushings through my dogbone and it's never stuck on me. I do want to try out the CXP dogbone but I don't believe it's a magic bullet... it just becomes another set of bearings you have to change, two DU bushings or four bearings? I'm happy doing the former but I own the bushing tool because I have a fury as well. Like anything it's all down to personal preference

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 2:22 Quote
First time i've disassembled the dogbone i had some trouble too. A lot of WD40...bike up sidedown and a little hit with a small hummer and job done.

el-booto wrote:
Anti seize is what you want son, I've done a couple of sets of bushings through my dogbone and it's never stuck on me. I do want to try out the CXP dogbone but I don't believe it's a magic bullet... it just becomes another set of bearings you have to change, two DU bushings or four bearings? I'm happy doing the former but I own the bushing tool because I have a fury as well. Like anything it's all down to personal preference

Custom dogbone with bearings are the best solution in my opinion...i tried with other tipe of bushings but they didn't solve the problems.

I can't pull out the other big bushing! Not the bigger one but the other one near the BB. I tried with all possible thing but it still there. Any suggestion?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
dubiousdesigns wrote:
Well, I just bust my allen key trying to get the dogbone out, off to the engineer I go.

Might replace it with the CXP dogbone.

How tight are you fitting the dog bone bolts?
I'm sure they should only be 8 mm

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
It is not the dogbone is the hardware, nothing to do with a custom one.
Put the bike on a stand and it will come off with some lubricant.
Lifespan of that hardware is not too long.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 1:49 Quote
So, did someone tried the mullet sanction??
i just upsize my frame so as soon as i have some money to waste i'm gonna try 29" ront wheel!

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 13:23 Quote
looking to upgrade my fork and have a question about the offset. everything im finding says the sanction is built around a 44mm offset but im reading that you dont really have to worry about offset on 27.5 bikes. is this true? is anyone running a 46mm offset fork

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
I would say you need to be aware of offset, but 2mm won’t make too much difference

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008574
Mobile Version of Website