The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
How is it? 160mm in the front? Angleset?
Fork is 160 with 42 offset (the crown is from my lyrik MY 2016) so the geometry is almost the same as before, i think the head angle slackened 0,3 or something (compared with the previous set up lyrik 180mm).
I didn't make a proper test yet, i just rode a little trail and i can't really say anything.

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 15:32 Quote
caval wrote:
rickyvic wrote:
Fork is 160 with 42 offset (the crown is from my lyrik MY 2016) so the geometry is almost the same as before, i think the head angle slackened 0,3 or something (compared with the previous set up lyrik 180mm).
I didn't make a proper test yet, i just rode a little trail and i can't really say anything.

We'll wait!;D
so... and coil is the way? I really want to try it! ;D

Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 4:51 Quote
t-stoff wrote:
caval wrote:
rickyvic wrote:

We'll wait!;D

I don't think the sanction is compatible with coil, it is very slightly progressive. You need air to tune progressivity. I had an X2 and worked perfectly, I had a light tune and 2 spacers, it was perfect with 25 pct sag.

Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 7:01 Quote
The suspension have a little progession at the end of the travel. It is not ideal if you ride bike parks but on natural trails is perfect it makes the bike ride like a real DH. I'm waiting the new Cane creek progressive Coil to get the best of both worlds!

Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
t-stoff wrote:
caval wrote:

We'll wait!;D

I don't think the sanction is compatible with coil, it is very slightly progressive. You need air to tune progressivity. I had an X2 and worked perfectly, I had a light tune and 2 spacers, it was perfect with 25 pct sag.

Been running mine with a coil since I built it
Runs fine, though I run my spring rates very linear .

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Ran mine with MRP Raze for two years. Was very good...

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
Has anyone fitted a Vivid Air?
Ordered one but then realized how tight the spacing is going to be

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 at 2:52 Quote
Achmaro wrote:

Float X2 isn't any bigger than a vivid air, you should be fine just be mindful around the dropper cable if you're running one.

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 at 6:09 Quote
el-booto wrote:
Achmaro wrote:

Float X2 isn't any bigger than a vivid air, you should be fine just be mindful around the dropper cable if you're running one.

Cheers

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 6:52 Quote
Achmaro wrote:
Yes! no problem! i just re-routed the dropper cable on the outer part of the frame to avoid friction with the shock that could damage it!

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
caval wrote:
rickyvic wrote:
An angleset does not solve the problem of the BB being too high. Try a normal 180mm fork with two 5mm off-set bushings for the shock. It lowers the BB height to something around 342mm(depending on the volume tires) and it slacks the HA with something around 1-1.5 degrees. The app on the phone is telling me most of the times 63 and some times 64 degrees. I reckon is somewhere between 63.5 and 64. Having a slacker HA is one thing..but, the big diff is in the lower BB height. The bike is soooo much more planted, it feels more stable and it has increased the speed with wich I take corners. I deff. reco going on the off-set bushings route. They are also very cheap..I think 12 punds/euros for 1 pcs.
Cheers.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005473
Mobile Version of Website