The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 18:38 Quote
ranchitup wrote:
Seanryan26 wrote:
ranchitup wrote:

Are the dogbone bolts tight? Could also be play from in the bushing.

The dogbone bolts are tight but i am not too sure what the bushings are

Are you sure the play is coming from the dogbone? The bushings are inside of the dogbone. They are what your bolt goes through.

Im not sure that it is comming from the dog bone , i was told that i needed new dogbine bearings and it would fix it but i dont see how this would fix it, it could be comming from any moving poimt down in that area

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 2:55 Quote
Seanryan26 wrote:
ranchitup wrote:
Seanryan26 wrote:

Are you sure the play is coming from the dogbone? The bushings are inside of the dogbone. They are what your bolt goes through.

Im not sure that it is comming from the dog bone , i was told that i needed new dogbine bearings and it would fix it but i dont see how this would fix it, it could be comming from any moving poimt down in that area

Check "K" on page 7 of GT's Tech Book, https://www.gtbicycles.com/media/wysiwyg/pdfs/2019_GT_Tech_Book.pdf that's the bushings.
I would recommend to put new bushings and at the same time when you have everything apart also check that the pivot bearings are okay. On my 2017 Sanction I've replaced the bushings twice and the pivot bearings once.
The bearings usually last for quite a while, but the bushings not as much in my experience.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 3:07 Quote
Magion wrote:
Seanryan26 wrote:
ranchitup wrote:

Check "K" on page 7 of GT's Tech Book, https://www.gtbicycles.com/media/wysiwyg/pdfs/2019_GT_Tech_Book.pdf that's the bushings.
I would recommend to put new bushings and at the same time when you have everything apart also check that the pivot bearings are okay. On my 2017 Sanction I've replaced the bushings twice and the pivot bearings once.
The bearings usually last for quite a while, but the bushings not as much in my experience.

Thanks for that, do you know where i can purchase the bushings for the dogbone ?

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 3:11 Quote
There's a ton o solutions;
1. New Zealand bike shop. CXP, I bought my custom dogbone there.
2. IGUS bushings, algo bought them to try (they work nice!). They replace the OEM bushings.
3. If you search, I think there's a polish guy who makes custom dogbones

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:03 Quote
t-stoff wrote:
2. IGUS bushings, algo bought them to try (they work nice!). They replace the OEM bushings.

Thanks , would you happen to know where i can get one of the bolts for the dogbone as mine is wrecked..

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
Like @t-stoff said, there's a few options.
If you want the whole kit, you can google for "KG0025N02", for example https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/gt-bicycles-fury-sanction-dog-bone-bushings-p354830 or https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/frames-forks-c6/frame-fork-spares-c152/fury-dog-bone-bushing-kit-p13761
You might find somewhere closer to you that sells them if you search a bit.
Otherwise I've also heard good things about the IGUS bushings if you just want to replace the bushings and not get the whole kit.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:09 Quote
Seanryan26 wrote:
t-stoff wrote:

Thanks , would you happen to know where i can get one of the bolts for the dogbone as mine is wrecked..

You can check the Tech Book and search for the part numbers listed there, should give you a good start of where to look if nothing else.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:18 Quote
Magion wrote:
Seanryan26 wrote:
t-stoff wrote:

You can check the Tech Book and search for the part numbers listed there, should give you a good start of where to look if nothing else.

Ok thanks Big Grin

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
Seanryan26 wrote:
Magion wrote:
Seanryan26 wrote:

Ok thanks Big Grin

Does anyone know if the dogbone bushings for 2015 sanction would fit ?

I cant seem to find anyone bushings for 2016 or higher

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 5:20 Quote
Seanryan26 wrote:
Seanryan26 wrote:
Magion wrote:

Ok thanks Big Grin

Does anyone know if the dogbone bushings for 2015 sanction would fit ?

I cant seem to find anyone bushings for 2016 or higher

Yes, they should fit, the part number (KG0025N02) is the same. I've used the one from Triton Cycles that I linked to earlier on my 2017 Sanction.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
Seanryan26 wrote:
ranchitup wrote:
Seanryan26 wrote:
Hi there,on my gt sanction expert 2018 There is some play in and around my dogbone which makes my bottom bracket move and this make it feel unsafe, loose and very akward to pedal, does anyone know what i need to do to fix this

Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks,

Are the dogbone bolts tight? Could also be play from in the bushing.

Worn bushings need to be changed every 3months and cleaned as often as possible.
Check my buysell

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
I should have noticed that I haven't got a single issue with my CXP dogbone, and neither with IGUS.
When I bought my frame - sorry I maybe repeating myself coz loads of wine and stuff - I bought the IGUS and installed them right on, and they worked great, but I had this opportunity of getting a CXP from NZ, so I got it and used it since then. I'm not a 100% enduro guy all week, but mud, dust and being a picky guy, I've never felt a slight amount of problems over 1000km or more. I'm now in the process of getting a coil (pending delivery).

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
Inside the dogbone, take bolts out, inside the eyelets there are metal bushings, a simple search over this thread will give you the answer

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 4:32 Quote
Just wondering how new bushings will stop play in dogbone ?

After time do the bushings shrink or something?

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
They wear out so they reduce in thickness as they supposed to do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007743
Mobile Version of Website