The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 4:42 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
They wear out so they reduce in thickness as they supposed to do.

Thanks Big Grin

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 4:43 Quote
There are a bunch of manufacturers that use bushings but in this case the issue is in the exposure to mud dust dirt so many of us used a moto style carter to protect the BB area

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 4:54 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
There are a bunch of manufacturers that use bushings but in this case the issue is in the exposure to mud dust dirt so many of us used a moto style carter to protect the BB area

Thanks

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 2:34 Quote
Just wondering aboit this kit, https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/frames-forks-c6/frame-fork-spares-c152/fury-dog-bone-bushing-kit-p13761, i undertsnad what and where the smaller bushings go but where do i put the larger ones?

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 4:59 Quote
It's the complete kit but it is not needed the part that worns out is the bushing.
Pm for details

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 6:12 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
It's the complete kit but it is not needed the part that worns out is the bushing.
Pm for details

Thats fine thanks Big Grin

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 6:08 Quote
I have a 2017 sanction expert and was looking to upgrade to a coil shock. Does anybody know what spring I would need? I am about 115 fully geared and ride a lot of jumps. With the different linkage design, I wasn’t sure how accurate the spring rate calculators would be

Thanks

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 7:30 Quote
is it 52kg correct?
In any case i'm 80kg geared up and i use the 450 to 550 lbs cane creek progressive spring!

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
tbeddiges wrote:
I have a 2017 sanction expert and was looking to upgrade to a coil shock. Does anybody know what spring I would need? I am about 115 fully geared and ride a lot of jumps. With the different linkage design, I wasn’t sure how accurate the spring rate calculators would be

Thanks

I bought a MRP Progessive rate spring 450+ and makes 500 on the end of the stroke.
I'm around 194 lbs full kitted.
Only two rides, a couple of jumps and it's seem fairly good!
Cane Creek also does a progressive one.

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 2:30 Quote
Anyone know what size bushinga the rockshox monarch rct3 plus takes on a gt sanction expert 2018 as my rear bushings are a bit wotn and there is play in the shock

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
Seanryan26 wrote:
Anyone know what size bushinga the rockshox monarch rct3 plus takes on a gt sanction expert 2018 as my rear bushings are a bit wotn and there is play in the shock

Make yourself a favour a order a pair of off-set ones from offsetbushings.com. it will lower that bb and will make the bike corner like on rails.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 3:29 Quote
Anyone has any experience with a longer stroke shock?

Contemplating if I should try a 8.5x2.75 shock for a little more cushion.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
Achmaro wrote:
Anyone has any experience with a longer stroke shock?

Contemplating if I should try a 8.5x2.75 shock for a little more cushion.

you feel that you need more cushion... on a Sanction?, although, I had the x2 on it, for me it felt as cushioned as it gets. I did put a dogbone link with bearings though.

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 3:20 Quote
a-prince wrote:
ArchieBoxmtb wrote:
having some trouble with the linkage on my bike, it's a sanction team 2016 if it makes a difference. Basically the linkage is moving when put under pressure from the pedals. I have replaced the dog bone link bushings and the problem still persists. Is this a common problem has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated

How long ago did you replace the bushings and do you ride in wet conditions? The stock bushings wear very quickly. After about 70 miles of riding in a 7 day period it's almost time to replace mine again. I checked them a couple of days ago and the wear is very visible.

If you want to replace the bushings you unfortunately have to replace the entire dog bone link (as it sounds you did) by contacting GT. I'm pushing my bushings out today to get the dimensions and ordering about 20 of them for spares from a separate source.

Minor inconvenience for an otherwise sweet ride. If you browse the internet enough you will see people have been doing various after market work like the example shown above.

I know this post is very old but I was wondering if you remember where you got all the replacement bushings from and the size of them as I am having the same problem with my gg sanction

Thanks

Posted: Mar 3, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
If you want the original, tritoncycles has it.
if you want a better solution/replacement there are several, I bought the CXP Racing dogbone w/bearings.
There's algo the IGUS solution which replaces the original bushings with a new type, a much better one.
everything is explained here in this thread if you search; refs, sites, feedback!

;D

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006011
Mobile Version of Website