The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
eugenux wrote:
Verbl-Kint wrote:
A few riders in my part of the world have been very very happy with going the mullet route on their Sanctions using a 170mm 29er fork (reduced offset), 40mm stem (instead of 35mm or 50mm), and adding some more high speed compression to the rear shock.

Maybe worth a try for some of you.

I always considered mulleting my former Sanction but I think it would be a problem with the current crop of high A2C forks. The best thing, IMO, would be to source out a new or 1 season used '19-'20 fox 36 grip 2 and use that as the current lyrics, zebs and fox 38 are high in the sky with their A2C. Then again, maybe a type B air shaft for a lyrik could do the trick, as it really sits at least 10mm lower in its travel then it is advertised.

One thing I do not understand is the stem length. That's a thing mostly related with rider preference, riding style, cockpit size(FC, ett, reach, stack) and so on. Why a mullet Sanction would work better with a 40mm stem?

cheers,
E.

Hi, i have done on my decreasing the travel from 180 to 160, and then i instelled a 45 or 50 mm stem! i'm considering the idea of offset bushing!

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
caval wrote:
eugenux wrote:
Verbl-Kint wrote:
A few riders in my part of the world have been very very happy with going the mullet route on their Sanctions using a 170mm 29er fork (reduced offset), 40mm stem (instead of 35mm or 50mm), and adding some more high speed compression to the rear shock.

Maybe worth a try for some of you.

I always considered mulleting my former Sanction but I think it would be a problem with the current crop of high A2C forks. The best thing, IMO, would be to source out a new or 1 season used '19-'20 fox 36 grip 2 and use that as the current lyrics, zebs and fox 38 are high in the sky with their A2C. Then again, maybe a type B air shaft for a lyrik could do the trick, as it really sits at least 10mm lower in its travel then it is advertised.

One thing I do not understand is the stem length. That's a thing mostly related with rider preference, riding style, cockpit size(FC, ett, reach, stack) and so on. Why a mullet Sanction would work better with a 40mm stem?

cheers,
E.

Hi, i have done on my decreasing the travel from 180 to 160, and then i instelled a 45 or 50 mm stem! i'm considering the idea of offset bushing!

I had an M Sanction with a 50mm stem and 170 lyrik... then an L Sanction with offset bushing, 40mm stem and 180mm fox 36. Worked a treat!, Felt absolutely great sitting a little lower to the ground.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 1:59 Quote
NicolaB wrote:
rickyvic wrote:
NicolaB wrote:

Any issues with your dogbone? I've just made a new Dogbone linkage upgrade made with four sealed bearings and inox steel aisi 316 and aluminium spacers! It works very well! I tested it in some rough conditions and no problems! Message me for any Info!

I would not use steel for the dogbone it is possible that you damage the frame which is aluminium but the bearings seem to be a good choice.....

Yes i'd considered this problem! The steel don't touch the frame thank's to the spacers which are aluminium. The spacers also are firm. There are any move against the frame!
I use this dogbone since november 2/3 times a week and no problems!
Like the original one it's advised disassembly and clean it after very muddy ride! Specially if the mud it's very liquid

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
If you are still looking for GT Sanction Dog Bone, I just found some for sale on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/255177645086

| Next Page

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
13 mins ago - Trail Conditions for Calgarians
15 mins ago - Revel Bikes
23 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
38 mins ago - 22 EVO Comp Alloy coming ..
41 mins ago - Holowgram crakced crank scalpel 2 2021
44 mins ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
44 mins ago - YT Jeffsy 29 Thread
47 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
49 mins ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
1 hours ago - HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei,Japan
1 hours ago - Love Spells Which Manifests In 24 hours {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei
1 hours ago - Tallboy v4 Lower link
1 hours ago - Best Online Love Spell Caster to get your Ex Lover +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
1 hours ago - Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
1 hours ago - Money Rituals That Really Work +27735257866 in South Africa,USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe,UAE
1 hours ago - Most Effective Money Spells to Get Rich in South Africa +27735257866 USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe (BMX)
1 hours ago - High Quality SSD Solution for Cleaning Black Money in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
1 hours ago - Crank question…need a little help
1 hours ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
1 hours ago - SSD Chemical for Defaced Notes in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Kenya
1 hours ago - Ssd Super Automatic Solution in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland
1 hours ago - DX-1 SSD Solution and Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
1 hours ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
1 hours ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006124
Mobile Version of Website