Suggestion: 60fps video + other improvements...

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Suggestion: 60fps video + other improvements...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2015 at 3:28 Quote
Is there any chance that in the future we might see some improvements to video on Pinkbike? With YouTube now supporting 60fps video (instead of the usual 30fps), and GoPro and...well...most cameras now, allowing you to film at 60fps or higher, it would be nice to maybe see support for 60fps video rolled out on Pinkbike too.

Especially for action sports, 60fps is a joy to watch. As an example, I came across this video on YouTube which is 60fps (be sure to choose "720p60" quality) - http://youtu.be/sYjtt6maPms

While we're at it, any chance of adding support for 4K video as well? Granted, it's still quite a niche market, but having support for it might encourage more widespread adoption, plus there are a lot of people who would benefit from it - for example, a lot of higher end laptops now come with a larger-than-1080p display, such as the retina MacBook Pro, and 27" screens are gaining in popularity.

Which brings me onto my final point - I know some photographers might be against it (and they have every right to be), but I feel like the photo viewer could seriously do with supporting higher resolution imagery. 1600 x 1068 in this day and age is pretty small - with sites like Flickr, Facebook, and Google+ supporting much more than that, an increase in the max resolution for photos would be a very very good idea. Hell, it shows you the original size of the image...why not offer that to people who want to share it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008946
Mobile Version of Website