Best Place to Ride in South America?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best Place to Ride in South America?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 19:32 Quote
Hello! I am wanting to plan a biking trip to ride in south america! however, i know nothing about the trails down there. Does anybody have any information on where the best riding is in south america? I am thinking Chile or Peru, but am open to any recommendations!

We want to do a few all day all-mountain "enduro" rides, possibly even an overnight ride. We like steep and technical and jumps and everything else. It's really more for the experience if i'm honest!

Thanks for any and all information!

Braeden

Editor O+ FL
Posted: Feb 23, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
I won't claim to know where the absolute “best” riding in South America is, but I will say that my time in Chile last spring (which was autumn in the Southern Hemisphere) left a lasting impression, and I'd jump at the opportunity to return. The riding around Santiago is full of dry, rugged and rocky trails, and many of them can easily can be shuttled. Nevados de Chillan, located about 7 hours to the south, and the location of last year's first Enduro World Series race, is amazing as well, with towering mountains, volcanic steam vents, and a grey, silty soil that's unlike anything I've ever ridden in. Plus, there's lift served riding in addition to trails that can be accessed only by human power.

The local riders and residents that I encountered were all extremely friendly and enthusiastic – mountain biking, especially DH and enduro racing – is catching on in a big way in Chile. http://montenbaik.com/ is a good resource for more detailed information about logistics, and I'm sure Pinbike's South American readers can chime in with more specifics as well. In any case, enjoy – there aren't many better ways to experience a new country than on a mountain bike.

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 at 14:28 Quote
Not sure why South America is specifically on your list, but if you happened to be in Argentina i'd go to Bariloche. I'm close to there right now visiting family but unfortunately can't ride because of a broken hand. Plan on coming back and doing a MTB trip next year.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Rocky-in-Argentina-2012.html

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009682
Mobile Version of Website