Post your Stanton Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Stanton Bikes
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 5:00 Quote
novatec??
is a QR version for comparison
that old chicken or egg chestnut, who is benefiting from who...
still novatec have been around for a while now doing bits for themselves and other brands

photo

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 5:03 Quote
Not sure to be honest. I thought they was Novatech but then I was posted that link which doesn't mention Novatech.

Also complete wheelsets coming soon with 30mm internal rim and black brass nipples...

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 5:25 Quote
Joytech. Novatech are part of Joytech though.

https://vimeo.com/109968385

The Stanton hubs are an updated version.....not available yet..

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
That looks like an absolute weapon of a bike

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
DumbBot wrote:
That looks like an absolute weapon of a bike

Yep it's really nice..the production frame will be 631 steel front and 7000 series alloy rear end. I think unless he changes it which wouldn't surprise me. Looking at around £1500 for the frame only..which is about the going rate but still it's a lot of moolah.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 9:54 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
..the production frame will be 631 steel front and 7000 series alloy rear end.. Looking at around £1500 .

Yes so I've heard, very much like that other well known UK steel brandSmile Just as well I can't afford it anyway, with my skills i would certainly die on a bike like that.

Anyway, the boys should stop messing around on prototypes...get back to work, and get my Slackline frame in the post.

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 9:58 Quote
DumbBot wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
..the production frame will be 631 steel front and 7000 series alloy rear end.. Looking at around £1500 .

Yes so I've heard, very much like that other well known UK steel brandSmile Just as well I can't afford it anyway, with my skills i would certainly die on a bike like that.

Anyway, the boys should stop messing around on prototypes...get back to work, and get my Slackline frame in the post.

Hahaha lol yeah has it not been despatched yet...not the quickest are they but I know they're busy guys..and there's only one or two of them that run the whole business.

I would really love one of those fs bikes. I've never had one before either. I think I might plan to get one. I wonder how it will look with a steel front though. I really like the look of that full aluminium bike there...

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
Fap fap fop fap

Difficult to see, but if I'm correct it looks like squarish tubing for the rear. This looks at odds with the front triangle tubing.

Really not sure about a steel frame full suss (same as that other well known brand lol).

Posted: Mar 14, 2017 at 12:47 Quote
Yeah that bike there is probably a fair bit different to the finished product though...Or was wondering myself how it will look with a steel front end but I'm sure it won't look bad.... Smile

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 9:16 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
Fap fap fop fap

Drool that looks dialed!

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 4:37 Quote
Hi anyone reading this. I might be posting to a biased forum here but I wanted to canvass some opinion.

I currently have a 160mm full sus. It's more bike that I can or would ever make full use of. I have recently come to the conclusion that I am as fast as I am ever going to be due to it being essential I don't take massive risks for fear of injury and loss of earnings. Therefor the full sus is making it, not exactly easy, but not challenging enough to hold my interest at the speeds I am willing to go.

I am looking at the Switchback thinking that I can still do the same drops, jumps and trails (which due to my lack of biking balls aren't that big or gnarly), plus the odd day in the bike park, and due to the hardtail will make my slower speeds more interesting/challenging.

I would would be replacing the full sus with the Switchback and have it as my only bike.

Would anyone recommend this course of action, anyone have feelings that I shouldn't?

Thanks for reading and any opinion would be gratefully recieved.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.126245
Mobile Version of Website