Post your Stanton Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Stanton Bikes
Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 7:25 Quote
grey is killer n would be my option
yes i love the red but would never get it myself Redface

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
DumbBot wrote:
Jesus those rims are mahooosive! chunky build. Mine is going to be a rather weedy XC build.

I agonized long and hard about the red or grey colour scheme, ultimately im paranoid and where im from a shiny red bike is only more likely to get nicked so i went grey.

photo

Pre-invisiframe fiasco

Seen a few red now, the grey looks very nice though with a few choice parts.

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 17:58 Quote
DumbBot wrote:
Jesus those rims are mahooosive! chunky build. Mine is going to be a rather weedy XC build.

I agonized long and hard about the red or grey colour scheme, ultimately im paranoid and where im from a shiny red bike is only more likely to get nicked so i went grey.

photo

Pre-invisiframe fiasco
You can't go wrong with that shade, like it.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 12:31 Quote
photo

photo

Some of a very grey build, the wheels and fork came from a 2016 Saracen Matra Eilte Carbon(which is also very grey) I dont know if the high clamp Front derailleur is going to work, the bottle mounts are in the way....and i can't find the right bolts for IS to Post mount 160mm rear brake i will probably have to order them.

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 15:27 Quote
i hate that when you're 98% done bar a few silly bolts and stuff Madder

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 3:37 Quote
DumbBot wrote:
photo

photo

Some of a very grey build, the wheels and fork came from a 2016 Saracen Matra Eilte Carbon(which is also very grey) I dont know if the high clamp Front derailleur is going to work, the bottle mounts are in the way....and i can't find the right bolts for IS to Post mount 160mm rear brake i will probably have to order them.

I have some bolts...Hope steel bolts m6x18. I bought them from Wiggle for 50p each but postage is extra unless you spend a tenner..Or you can get them cheap on Amazon..Or just buy some ti bolts from Uberbike or ti Springs.. or whatever...

If your stuck in can post you a couple tomorrow for free....just message me your address...

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 8:24 Quote
I've got the post mount adapter on the frame, its attaching the caliper to the mount I need the right bolts and/or spacers.

https://www.canyon.com/download/manuals/Maunal_Disc_Brake_Caliper_mounting.pdf

Confusing as fnurk! Might drop you a line this evening Silverfish thanks ..

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 20:04 Quote
I am fumbling with trying to fit my stanton headset,has anyone installed one yet,I am not getting something right,I can not get the topical to sit down all the way flush on top cup.

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 3:47 Quote
do you mean top cap?

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 19:45 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
do you mean top cap?
Yes, typo.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 12:17 Quote
photo

photo

photo

Some final crap pictures now she's finished. High mount FD worked fine and after putting the rear post mount brake adapter on the correct way, many thanks to Silverfish and his bolts(the ones i had bought were the wrong size of course).

This frame was chosen because of its versatility, allowing me plenty of scope to upgrade and this initial build was very much done with a budget. My previous Halfords/Boardman special was stripped, the Sram X7 drivetrain migrated across and the wheels and forks sold which allowed to me to get a really good deal on a 2016 Fox 32 Float Evolution Fit 4 CTD 120mm, and Kore XCD wheels from a 2016 SARACEN Mantra Elite Carbon. The Thompson Elite seatpost, carbon trail bar, raceface XC stem and Guide RSC brakes were upgrades i already had on that bike.

I'm never going to be one of these serial bike swappers, and Stantons 'bike for life' philosophy appealed to me, this bike will have many incarnations. Despite being in Taiwan at the bike show the Stanton boys did always answer my idiotic questions, so fair play to them.

I'll need to get a dropper, but they're all shite and break and might need to get some coloured bling stem, but right now im just going ride it and enjoy it. Is it the weekend yet?

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 19:06 Quote
don't need to justify your investment to us buddy, preaching to the converted Salute

dropper schmopper
i wouldn't have that high on my list (more so as its replacing a Thomson), depends on the trails you ride i guess tho. not interested in a Thomson stem? not bling I know but still, they rock. love mine (not on my stanton), highly recommend. likewise, will you migrate to 1x over time?

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 0:48 Quote
Not sure I like the Thomson 50mm stem, it's a bit of a bloater. The current raceface is 60mm and I need to go shorter.

1x, .. Possibly, probably, once eagle 12speed stuff starts to trickle down to affordable prices,, with sunrace having just brought out their 12speed cassette things are moving in that direction. This being my only bike, not only do I need low enough gears for techy, steep climbs but high gears for tow paths, roads, etc . Honestly though the X7 stuff shifts great, never dropped a chain...

When they bring out the boost dropouts l might get a boost wheelset with wider rims.

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 20:27 Quote
Hey guys Ive fallen in love with the SB and Im looking to pick up a frame soon. Im stuck on which size to get. I currently ride a Sm Instigator it is a similar bike idea and size just less aggressive then the SB. The bike feels great on descents but feels small on the climbs. Im 5'6" and at the bottom of the Staton recommended size to ride there bikes. I don't want to have the same problem again so Im stuck between the 16.5" reg. or long. Anyone here 5'6" and has tried both or close to my hieght +/- an 1"?
Also Im wondering how the 2 handle from one another as the wheelbase is 25mm shorter on the reg. from the long?

my inseam is 28" which means I have a longer torso, but I don't think my arms think that is true.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 20:49 Quote
JohnnyRooster wrote:
Hey guys Ive fallen in love with the SB and Im looking to pick up a frame soon. Im stuck on which size to get. I currently ride a Sm Instigator it is a similar bike idea and size just less aggressive then the SB. The bike feels great on descents but feels small on the climbs. Im 5'6" and at the bottom of the Staton recommended size to ride there bikes. I don't want to have the same problem again so Im stuck between the 16.5" reg. or long. Anyone here 5'6" and has tried both or close to my hieght +/- an 1"?
Also Im wondering how the 2 handle from one another as the wheelbase is 25mm shorter on the reg. from the long?

my inseam is 28" which means I have a longer torso, but I don't think my arms think that is true.

any input would be greatly appreciated.
I am 5'9" and ride both the long and short, I have a long torso, the long is about spot on for me while I still can ride the regular with no problems, Its a tough call with your height to recommend the long, maybe compare reach on the Surly and compare to the switchback.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013669
Mobile Version of Website