Post your Stanton Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Stanton Bikes
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 4:02 Quote
Here i want to share my all day stanton switchback bike i builded few years ago and ride since today Smile

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 0:46 Quote
Donniedarko72 wrote:
Here i want to share my all day stanton switchback bike i builded few years ago and ride since today Smile

Nice build. I’m waiting for a gen 3 switchback frame and have been since October! When I get it I’ll put it up here. I’ve never had a stanton so I can’t wait.

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
Will4X wrote:

I’ve had the 853 Sherpa, 631 9er and now own 9er Ti.

Sherpa was great at XC and a lovely ride but for me not quite playful enough. Steel 9er was far more playful but a bit heavy and bit of a slog on the ups...9er Ti is the best of both, lighter than 853 Sherpa climbs better And even more playful.

However not ridden the Sherpa, it’s probably even better at climbing but never going to be as playful. Depends of style and needs...if you’re flat out XC, wheels on the ground...Sherpa Ti, if you like a more playful, and more versatile XC, trail, jumps, DH etc 9er is the one!

Thanks for the feedback. I currently have a Transition Throttle with a 150mm fork. I'm really not sure which way to go. I started leaning towards a Sherpa with a 130mm fork, but I think I would miss the fun that I could get from a Switch9er.

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 17:47 Quote
Hi Stanton owners,
I’ve owned the 1st and 2nd gen switchback, both steel. Although the second one was a burlier build, I felt it didn’t have the same feel as the 1st gen. The fist was the right blend of weight, stiffness, and compliance. Anyways, does anyone out there have any experience with the prior switchbacks and a new Ti one? I’m wondering what the feel of the Ti is compared to the previous versions.

Thanks,
Brooks

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 20:44 Quote
brooks79 wrote:
Hi Stanton owners,
I’ve owned the 1st and 2nd gen switchback, both steel. Although the second one was a burlier build, I felt it didn’t have the same feel as the 1st gen. The fist was the right blend of weight, stiffness, and compliance. Anyways, does anyone out there have any experience with the prior switchbacks and a new Ti one? I’m wondering what the feel of the Ti is compared to the previous versions.

Thanks,
Brooks
I own both a 1st gen steel Switchback and a 2nd gen Ti Switchback ..... The The gen 1 steel is a really fun bike that is why I have hung on to it and still ride it... The gen 2 Ti Switchback Is amazing, light and compliant and more versatile then the gen 1 as it is a bit longer and has clearance for bigger tires.... I would say quite superior to the gen 1 steel......but I also have it built ti the hilt with high end wheels and cranks and stuff.....

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
brooks79 wrote:
Hi Stanton owners,

Thanks,
Brooks
I own both a 1st gen steel Switchback and a 2nd gen Ti Switchback ..... The The gen 1 steel is a really fun bike that is why I have hung on to it and still ride it... The gen 2 Ti Switchback Is amazing, light and compliant and more versatile then the gen 1 as it is a bit longer and has clearance for bigger tires.... I would say quite superior to the gen 1 steel......but I also have it built ti the hilt with high end wheels and cranks and stuff.....

Thanks for the feedback, now I just have to put the work in to afford it.

Brooks

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
brooks79 wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
brooks79 wrote:
Hi Stanton owners,

Thanks,
Brooks

Brooks
And dress it up nicely Salute

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
brooks79 wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

Brooks
And dress it up nicely Salute

Yeah, it would be a crime not to.
Thanks again

Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
^^^ very nice...good looking build!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012272
Mobile Version of Website