Post your Stanton Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Post your Stanton Bikes
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 21:31 Quote
Pike Ultimate XT 4 Pot Wolftooth Dropper Lever Renthal Stim and Bar

Cables/Hoses are still a little long as I might go to wider taller bars. These are 10mm rise, 780's

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 16:24 Quote
[Quote="Tikiguy"]
Slackerdude wrote:
Tikiguy wrote:
Switch9er Ti V3 Pike Ultimate XT Drivetrain and 4 Pot Brakes 203 180 Rotors Descendant cranks Wolftooth ST Chainring We Are One Onyx Hubs Maxxis DHR II Dissector Canfield Crampons

Super nice build ! Did you black out the Renthal graphics on the bars ?

Thanks, Yes, I wet sanded the logos off as they really clashed with the other bike they were on.
May I ask whhow you did it and what you used to sand the graphics off ? I would like to do that same to a set I have ..

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 21:26 Quote
[Quote="Slackerdude"]
Tikiguy wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:

Thanks, Yes, I wet sanded the logos off as they really clashed with the other bike they were on.
May I ask whhow you did it and what you used to sand the graphics off ? I would like to do that same to a set I have ..

Wet sanded with soapy water, 220 grit to remove the graphics then 400 grit sandpaper to remove the sanding scratches.then a simple paint rubbing compound to bring back the shine to match the rest. Only sand where and what you need to. Take your time. Experoment, practice where the trips go.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
built this up for riding jumps / pump tracks and fun stuff only
purposely made it too small for riding up hills so that I don't have to
probably need to get fork travel lowered (maybe to 140)

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 22:24 Quote
One week into my Switchback FS140
Misty Blue with silver heritage wrap, Hope hoops, XT 11sp train, Pike ultimates and Fox DHX2.
After a couple of set up rides, took it to a gravity shuttle day yesterday with 40km+ of descending, and absolutely blown away with how smooth, stable and quiet this is. It's no featherweight, but that was never the plan. So good.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 4:45 Quote
Bobbbyyyy wrote:

Here’s my beauty.

Switchback FS 160
Me likey.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007821
Mobile Version of Website