Canyon shape shifter

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Canyon shape shifter
Previous Page |
Posted: Feb 19, 2015 at 6:29 Quote
Hi. I took delivery of a nice new canyon strive recently, after one ride the shapeshifter shot a lot of oil out of the air valve. Not impressed. Has anyone else had any similar problems or is it just me and my impressive bike breaking skills?

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 at 16:48 Quote
lukethain wrote:
Hi. I took delivery of a nice new canyon strive recently, after one ride the shapeshifter shot a lot of oil out of the air valve. Not impressed. Has anyone else had any similar problems or is it just me and my impressive bike breaking skills?

Does the thing work or is it stuck in DH mode? Are you able to pedal uphill?

Posted: Apr 16, 2015 at 1:35 Quote
lukethain wrote:

Just seen this post as mine just done the same last night how have you managed to solve this problem with Canyon ??

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
honda199 wrote:
lukethain wrote:

Just seen this post as mine just done the same last night how have you managed to solve this problem with Canyon ??

E-mailed canyon and they sent another one out as a warranty replacement. Since then I've had another one with exactly the same fault so I'm onto the 3rd one now which so far seems ok. I really hope it holds up as the bike is awesome.

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 13:10 Quote
iLFreno wrote:
lukethain wrote:

Does the thing work or is it stuck in DH mode? Are you able to pedal uphill?

No once all the oil has poured out it wont stay in dh mode. As soon as you unweight the bike it bounces between the two modes.

Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 10:23 Quote
lukethain wrote:
honda199 wrote:
lukethain wrote:

E-mailed canyon and they sent another one out as a warranty replacement. Since then I've had another one with exactly the same fault so I'm onto the 3rd one now which so far seems ok. I really hope it holds up as the bike is awesome.

I mailed them over a week ago and its bein 6 days since i have heard anymore about them sending me out the warranty part !

Were you waiting long ?

Starting to regret Direct buying now even though it is a great bike but this service is shitty to say the least ........

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 5:11 Quote
honda199 wrote:
lukethain wrote:
honda199 wrote:

I mailed them over a week ago and its bein 6 days since i have heard anymore about them sending me out the warranty part !

Were you waiting long ?

Starting to regret Direct buying now even though it is a great bike but this service is shitty to say the least ........

HI have u gotten yours?

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 1:15 Quote
Got my Strive a few days ago & done 35 miles. My shape shifter didn't seem right. The shape shifter will go into dh mode on the switch but won't return fully into xc mode with the indicator not showing all green, the gas switch isn't fully extending to full reach like it should, the switch should travel 15mm & mine is around 10mm. I've just emailed canyon so I'll have to wait & see.

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 4:53 Quote
Darcydiddler wrote:
Got my Strive a few days ago & done 35 miles. My shape shifter didn't seem right. The shape shifter will go into dh mode on the switch but won't return fully into xc mode with the indicator not showing all green, the gas switch isn't fully extending to full reach like it should, the switch should travel 15mm & mine is around 10mm. I've just emailed canyon so I'll have to wait & see.
Yep exactly the same as mine. I've since gone through the 6 gas springs. To be fair canyon have always replaced it without to much hassle. Now I'm getting a new frame as there is obviously something wrong with it.

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 3:40 Quote
Canyon emailed back within a few hours saying they would send out a replacement switch & I have already received the new switch & it has only been working 3 days, very happy with the service.
I have now changed the switch & all is good, I will report if I have anymore future problems.
I must say although i've not covered many miles yet the bike is awesome, a real bargain with good spec' & backed up with good customer service I would recommend Canyon Bikes.

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 6:33 Quote
the same thing just happened to me today, the bike is brand new less than 100km.
i've had problems with inflating it before, but was working fine and shifting well between the two modes.
today i was packing my bike to fly to israel, i wanted to take some air out of it to avoid too much pressure on the plane..
and all the oil just sprayed out of the valve while taking the air out...
now it still shifts between both modes when inflated, but keeps bouncing between the modes while riding.
i'll contact canyon and update...

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 3:28 Quote
2 rides old and my shapeshifter stuck in dh mode contacted Canyon and told me 4 weeks till they have a replacement unit in stock. Starting to think I should of bought a YT capra now as both my previous YT'S enduro and downhill bikes have been absolutely flawless. ????

Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 7:02 Quote
GlynP wrote:
2 rides old and my shapeshifter stuck in dh mode contacted Canyon and told me 4 weeks till they have a replacement unit in stock. Starting to think I should of bought a YT capra now as both my previous YT'S enduro and downhill bikes have been absolutely flawless. ????

I've been waiting for 3 weeks for a replacement unit.
I had been told one would be with me in 3 weeks. I've called today and I've been told they are still expecting them in.
Pissed off, only ridden the bike 3 times (had been injured for about 6 weeks).

Not great service really...

Posted: Oct 1, 2015 at 13:29 Quote
Yep same here, i thought i had a one off that failed obviously not, canyons customer service is woeful especially for a mail order company it should be 110%.... the shapeshifter failed after three rides stuck in downhill difficult to inflate etc, i think the design is flawed as theyve had over year to sort this design issue out, when i last looked all canyon strives were sold out? the bike rode awesome and for its weight rode light and quick and planted...its really pissed me off....as i so wanted the technology to be reliable(like most german engineering), but its a pup...mine was.

what pissed me off was shelving out 2000 grand plus up front for new bike design that had been in circulation for nearly a year(would of thought all probs on new design would of been resolved..no), do 3 rides on it then failure....back to canyon uk for repair two weeks for inspection/prognosis....then sorry the wait for shapeshifters is two weeks! OK.......two weeks pass still awaiting shapeshifter units going to be another two weeks....kinell? stuff it getting money back....goods not fit for purpose.....they need to get their act together with this its not doing their reputation any good treating customers like this...tara!

Posted: Oct 19, 2015 at 8:02 Quote
Same story here, bike is about a month old and has done 5 rides. Now it wont stay in XC mode and doesn't lock into DH mode properly. I have contacted Canyon about the problem, just waiting for them to get back to me. I'll report back what happens.

KG

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019444
Mobile Version of Website