Canyon shape shifter

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Canyon shape shifter
Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 16:29 Quote
If they sort it the bike is probably the best bike ive ridden and best bike out there for the money. Lets just hope the new units are sorted! Fingers crossed eh!!

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 13:07 Quote
Do we have any statistics related to the SS? It's easy to find the opinions of disappointed people but we have also other moving parts in the bike which can break up etc. Unfortunately I didn't see the scale of the problem in SS.

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 at 4:04 Quote
Quick update,

Canyon recently told me the new shape shifter units ill be here in week 50, early December. I just hope they're sorted now as I agree that the bike is wicked to ride.

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 at 5:28 Quote
eggseggs wrote:
Quick update,

Canyon recently told me the new shape shifter units ill be here in week 50, early December. I just hope they're sorted now as I agree that the bike is wicked to ride.
Did they get in touch with you or were you chasing them up? Fingers crossed the new SS is fixed

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 11:01 Quote
I received the bike on 13-Nov and the SS failed after 2 weeks. Same thing, oil came out of air valve. I contacted Canyon the projected delivery date for replacement is February...

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 14:40 Quote
I was told today in a couple of weeks. Been waiting 2 months now!

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 15:43 Quote
Well it's a long cue I guess and I just joined...

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 14:56 Quote
Gutted to be reading all these posts! I'm also in the que now. Booked a day at BPW and while checking my strive this eve my ss won't stay in xc mode. It will kind of stay in dh mode. Bag of shit. Not what I expect a 3k machine to do.

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 15:09 Quote
premiumcuts wrote:
Gutted to be reading all these posts! I'm also in the que now. Booked a day at BPW and while checking my strive this eve my ss won't stay in xc mode. It will kind of stay in dh mode. Bag of shit. Not what I expect a 3k machine to do.

A quick bleeding can help on that and it will be OK for a while. There is really no other option at the moment as Canyon doesn't seem to provide replacements in a timely manner.

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 16:36 Quote
I have recieved shapeshifter today After 4 months of waiting. Bad part is that it is the old type and worn out on the bushings and even on the cable remote part... ;-/

Let me tell you something about customers righs... You have bought it direct from Canyon Germany and in Gemany there is not such thing as 30 day repair period :-/

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 0:17 Quote
TTom wrote:
I have recieved shapeshifter today After 4 months of waiting. Bad part is that it is the old type and worn out on the bushings and even on the cable remote part... ;-/

Let me tell you something about customers righs... You have bought it direct from Canyon Germany and in Gemany there is not such thing as 30 day repair period :-/

You have probably received a "refurbished" one. I don't know if it's bad as the oldest one cannot be more than a year old with couple if weeks runnung time. The changes for 2016 are in the internals so if it has the upgraded parts, then it should be good, give it a try.

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 5:49 Quote
bosnianrider wrote:
TTom wrote:

You have probably received a "refurbished" one. I don't know if it's bad as the oldest one cannot be more than a year old with couple if weeks runnung time. The changes for 2016 are in the internals so if it has the upgraded parts, then it should be good, give it a try.

Probably i will, but have a look at it...

After 4 months of waiting i have recieved this nice new shapeshifter
After 4 months of waiting i have recieved this nice new shapeshifter

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 8:36 Quote
TTom wrote:
bosnianrider wrote:
TTom wrote:

Probably i will, but have a look at it...

Do they have QC? It's funny they are saying that self service of the SS is not approved by them because they have some procedure which assures the proper service etc. Looks like it's just BS.

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 at 3:54 Quote
Morning all,

Just had a chat with a lad at Canyon uk (jack or jake... i possibly spoke to both!!) about the ongoing shapeshifter saga. He has advised me that the 2016 unit with updated redesigned seals are imminent, so anyone that is on their list for a replacement SS unit should be hearing from them soon! 

He said there was an update due from Germany this week, so I'm going to phone them back Monday week to confirm!

I quizzed him on the reasons for differing stories and the answer was that initially Germany wanted to refurb all the faulty units but then after different meetings etc they decided they wanted to replace for new instead?

I've got everything crossed for an outcome this side of xmas... but I also won't hold my breath and will still send off my formal complaint, as three months is still a pisstake!

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 4:22 Quote
I got an email yesterday saying 10-14 days until the get the new shapeshifters in. I'm not holding my breath though, every time I contact them they add a few weeks to the delivery date!! First it was three weeks, then six weeks, now 2 months. I'm going to formally complain too. Although the bike can be rode it's not great as the shapeshifter doesn't stay in one mode, it's certainly not the amazing enduro bike I ordered. And in the scheme of things 2 months is quite a bit really, I see it as 15% of my years riding effectively lost!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022002
Mobile Version of Website