The thread for people 18 and under

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The thread for people 18 and under
Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 11:59 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Eddkilla wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

Also what's the best 160/150mm frame to use with coil that has a progressive linkage rate?

Best is probably a YT Capra, it's one of the most progressive bikes out there
Anyone know much about the GT Sanction?

If you look up @andrextr on youtube he does all sorts of bike analyses and explanations. Just click on a vid of any linkage analysis vid and scroll around halfway through, he has a progressivity chart where he ranks a bunch of bikes from most linear to most progressive. It'd be good to click on a few different vids for reference because he often changes up the bikes listed on the charts or includes bikes that weren't previously on there

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 12:37 Quote
Eddkilla wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
Eddkilla wrote:

Best is probably a YT Capra, it's one of the most progressive bikes out there
Anyone know much about the GT Sanction?

If you look up @andrextr on youtube he does all sorts of bike analyses and explanations. Just click on a vid of any linkage analysis vid and scroll around halfway through, he has a progressivity chart where he ranks a bunch of bikes from most linear to most progressive. It'd be good to click on a few different vids for reference because he often changes up the bikes listed on the charts or includes bikes that weren't previously on there
Just what I was looking for! Thanks so much dude

Posted: Jun 9, 2017 at 22:43 Quote
Anyone have a recommendation for a fun commuter bike that i can play around on for my 20 mile commute to work? I don't want a road bike because its going to break within a mile. The evil chamois davis jr seems cool?

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 3:42 Quote
Carbon 2016 trek remedy 9.9 with Pike, fox drcv, xt drivetrain or...

Alloy 2017 GT Sanction with lyric, monarch r plus and x1/gx drivetrain

GT has better spec overall and it's better condition apart from the rub on the shock stanchion, but the trek comes with a spare new carbon chainstay and spare used xtr 10 speed drivetrain.

Both similar priced (GT is €2400 and Trek is €2500). Gt is 165/170mm and Trek is 150/160mm.

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 4:24 Quote
Gt mate it will take anything

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 4:36 Quote
I know I'm kinda afraid to buy carbon lol

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 6:04 Quote
Couple of the local dudes have GT sanctions and they r sick bikes! Super capable and will take anything

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 7:03 Quote
The lad selling it is the fastest c*nt going! Really makes me tempted haha

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 7:05 Quote
The carbon remedy sounds like a lot better value considering it is carbon, doesn't have any problems with stanctions, and comes with all those extras. Haven't ridden both but the sanction should be better going dh

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 7:06 Quote
Also remedy carbon break. They are too light as well

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 7:17 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
The carbon remedy sounds like a lot better value considering it is carbon, doesn't have any problems with stanctions, and comes with all those extras. Haven't ridden both but the sanction should be better going dh
Remedy is better value for the carbon frame and extras but Sanction beats it on spec. Also I don't really want carbon and I don't really think a DRCV shock would suit me...

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 7:45 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
Remedy is better value for the carbon frame and extras but Sanction beats it on spec. Also I don't really want carbon and I don't really think a DRCV shock would suit me...

I think you are leaning towards the sanction. And you are right, don't get a bike based on value alone. Sounds like the sanction would be much better for your riding.

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 8:36 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:

I think you are leaning towards the sanction. And you are right, don't get a bike based on value alone. Sounds like the sanction would be much better for your riding.
Yeah, my dad's friends with the lad selling the trek, but the lad selling the sanction is only a young fella so I'd be stoked if he got a sale

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 12:51 Quote
Cable74 wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation for a fun commuter bike that i can play around on for my 20 mile commute to work? I don't want a road bike because its going to break within a mile. The evil chamois davis jr seems cool?
http://2016.konaworld.com/unit.cfm
[L=https://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Rapture.cfm?Token={ts_2017-06-10_14:48:38}-d132805adc9691d8-4D9B7153-9567-30D0-FBEEE950BD02FA55]https://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_Rapture.cfm?Token={ts_2017-06-10_14:48:38}-d132805adc9691d8-4D9B7153-9567-30D0-FBEEE950BD02FA55[/L]

Posted: Jun 10, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
I'd say get a road bike, after a week of commuting on my reign I was sick and tired of it.
If not then get a singlespeed I would say

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011377
Mobile Version of Website