Lookin for my next pair of knee pads!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Lookin for my next pair of knee pads!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 18:47 Quote
Ok so im looking to get some new knee pads before DH season starts back up. I have been using the POC Joint VPD and they've been pretty good to me. I just feel like i needed to adjust them too often and they always seemed to slide when i'd fall so im lookin for something different this time. What do y'all use? I'm wanting to keep that same style of just knee pad but just something different.

Posted: Mar 1, 2015 at 22:15 Quote
I use the Fox Launch Pro Knee (and also Elbow) pads, they're comfortable enough for me to wear on all occasions whether it's a trail session or a 5 hour road ride with friends. I believe they're beefy enough to cover for any knocks. I bought them as they're great value for money, just my 2 cents Smile

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
The poc DH 2.0 knee and shin are amazing knee pads for dh use. I recently got the 7 IDP contol knee guards which are good too and are more of an all around knee pad. Ive used them on trail rides and riding DH.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 8:45 Quote
I'll vouch for the fox launch. I'm on my second set and they do offer plenty of protection, are comfortable and haven't had any problems with them sliding around on me during a crash. I have been looking into the Raceface ambush though... I'm thinking I'll try a set.

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 15:41 Quote
You might want to check out the G-Form pads as well... After I slide those suckers on the only time i ever need to touch them is taking them off after a full day of biking(crashing).

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 7:40 Quote
I'm really tempted to try these out! But I'll definitely look into some of the ones yall have been suggesting. G-Forms are too thin in my opinion though. I believe they make an awesome product but i think its just more of a mental thing for me honestly.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/ion-kpact-knee-pads-review-2015.html

Posted: Mar 8, 2015 at 6:34 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
The poc DH 2.0 knee and shin are amazing knee pads for dh use. I recently got the 7 IDP contol knee guards which are good too and are more of an all around knee pad. Ive used them on trail rides and riding DH.

I use those too and they are great. They just feel bombproof whe still being flexible enough to not hinder your movements.
I tried on the Ion kpact and they felt good too. Just a little expensive.
The Scott grenade are also something i'd consider, too.

Posted: Mar 8, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
Just bought a pair of raceface ambush kneepads and highly recommend them.( I hate knee pads before this and wouldn't ride any other brands)

Posted: Mar 8, 2015 at 20:17 Quote
Look into Demon United. I ride for them and I enjoy their products. New company with some cool products. Reminds me of a 661, go check them out. www.demonunited.com

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005451
Mobile Version of Website