Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 19:02 Quote
Hey I am going to silverstar at the end of the month. Are there any good camping spots (prefer free)? I like to camp in the bush, by a stream or lake. If nothing free, something cheap in the area I could put a tent down?

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:07 Quote
tvan5 wrote:
Hey I am going to silverstar at the end of the month. Are there any good camping spots (prefer free)? I like to camp in the bush, by a stream or lake. If nothing free, something cheap in the area I could put a tent down?

You can camp in one of the parking lots right on the hill. I believe it's free to camp, and $10 per day to have access to bathroom/showers.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:32 Quote
If 10 bones don't fit the budget bro... Seen alot of dirt bag-brohs, go full Command-bro at Sovereign area... There's one little pull out by a really little stream, Sovereign is a XC ski area on on the left a few kms before s.s. on road... There's a x/c endurbro trails there maintained by locals that smoke Silver Star Xc trails... Wherever you go, bring lots of Deet bro, moz's come out pretty hard at night.

There's 2 seasons at Silver Star: 1) Winter 2) Mosquitoes.

If I were you I'd go full dirt bag, shower.... Meh!

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:33 Quote
You can look up Sovereign trails in Vernon on trail ferx ... Shows you what I'm talking about.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:43 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
If 10 bones don't fit the budget bro... Seen alot of dirt bag-brohs, go full Command-bro at Sovereign area... There's one little pull out by a really little stream, Sovereign is a XC ski area on on the left a few kms before s.s. on road... There's a x/c endurbro trails there maintained by locals that smoke Silver Star Xc trails... Wherever you go, bring lots of Deet bro, moz's come out pretty hard at night.

There's 2 seasons at Silver Star: 1) Winter 2) Mosquitoes.

If I were you I'd go full dirt bag, shower.... Meh!

Walmart also allows free parking and there is a steam that has a slick of little rainbow. There are also heron nests in the trees south of the parking lot. No mosquito but plenty of counter culture.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 9:40 Quote
Phil Atwill went 13th... Climbing up the ranks, beating some heavy hitters in Quali's... We see him podium soon? Yes.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 12:52 Quote
Loads of free camping downtown vernon. Do you like to party?

tvan5 wrote:
Hey I am going to silverstar at the end of the month. Are there any good camping spots (prefer free)? I like to camp in the bush, by a stream or lake. If nothing free, something cheap in the area I could put a tent down?

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 18:17 Quote
Rode the full Soupy Nutz today... still not great.
2 stars.
One star for someone at least putting in the effort to go out and build something. I’ll give them that. Second star for the middle rocky fall line bit.
That one section in the middle where it finally finds some fall line through the rocks is quite good. However you are let down shortly after by a series of s-turns I can only compare to stop and go traffic on the 401 in the big smoke. Just when you think you’ll be moving again it grinds to a crawl.
Perfect trail if you are riding something with the wheelbase of strider bike or if you looking for a trail where you won’t drop your new to riding wife 15mins behind. Can’t get moving fast enough to make this possible.
If you are looking to ride up at Sovereign and you have limited time, this is the trail to skip.

PS -If your thinking, well it’s not that bad, think about all the better blue run options Vernon has to offer. Twisted Sister, No Boats and so on... then go ride those instead.
#noshredallstalltoday #noflowcryfoul

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 20:21 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Phil Atwill went 13th... Climbing up the ranks, beating some heavy hitters in Quali's... We see him podium soon? Yes.

20th.. solid position for a stoner. Good thing so many fast guys cashed on the top section.


Meanwhile, in Canada, Finn Podiums.

When Was the last time Atwill Podiumed a UCI DH event? ... I think it was also the first time, at Lenzerheid in 2017.

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 20:26 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
Phil Atwill went 13th... Climbing up the ranks, beating some heavy hitters in Quali's... We see him podium soon? Yes.

20th.. solid position for a stoner. Good thing so many fast guys cashed on the top section.


Meanwhile, in Canada, Finn Podiums.

When Was the last time Atwill Podiumed a UCI DH event? ... I think it was also the first time, at Lenzerheid in 2017.

Correction, he did podium twice in 2013... clearly on a fast climb to the top.

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 0:30 Quote
Anyone catch the Hot boxes official name at Silver Star?

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 1:26 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Anyone catch the Hot boxes official name at Silver Star?

DR Schumann Summit Express.

D.R. Standing for Desmond Robert, rather than Doctor .... I guess there was limited space on the Plaque, Because I am pretty sure his full name was Desmond Robert Henry Schumann

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 1:43 Quote
Have you always wished that a local business could somehow combine your mutual loves of Fat Bikes and E-bikes ? and they could it do it with a build quality that screams, Made in China ? Are you sick of trying to import your own marginal quality bikes from Aliexpress?

Well, look no further Vernon ! https://www.electricfatbikecompany.com

The Bro's at VernonRocks.ca put these bike through their paces at Nobel's Canyon on this video... Check out 1:20 on the video... as the guy with the full face attempts to drink a Latte.



Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 1:56 Quote
Oh, and the best part is, these bikes are actually classified as Limited Speed Motor Cycles (rather than electric assist bikes) due to the watts they put out... So, I dont think they are actually permitted in the parks, and you would need a licence and insurance to ride them on the road.

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
Anyone catch the Hot boxes official name at Silver Star?

DR Schumann Summit Express.

D.R. Standing for Desmond Robert, rather than Doctor .... I guess there was limited space on the Plaque, Because I am pretty sure his full name was Desmond Robert Henry Schumann

That name is so boring I am too bored now to even make a comment.



I like how the guy plugging the fat bike looks like a marshmellow. This should get the 50+ bmi club active. Someone should tell them that the reason they are called fat bikes is because the tires are bigger not the rider, although with the motor I guess this really does cover both meanings.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014837
Mobile Version of Website