Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 14:54 Quote
Pretty much what all bro-cals do is loop "Deez Nutz" trail out at Ellison, just take up quickest climb trail, loop it 4 times then beers in p-lot. Thank me later...

Look it up on Trsilforx, best trail in town bro.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 21:33 Quote
BMX'ers have more fun... don't even need helmets.

These two skids have more skills than Semenuk in their elbows.

These 2 trailer trash are the Best Thing Smoking ON Bikes.
Might have edged out Atwill behind Sam Hill.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
BMX'ers have more fun... don't even need helmets.

These two skids have more skills than Semenuk in their elbows.

These 2 trailer trash are the Best Thing Smoking ON Bikes.
Might have edged out Atwill behind Sam Hill.

There was a video ... maybe on red bull TV... top bmx bro figures he can ride at joyride. Long story short, ya no...big bikes are hard for 20" bros to manage.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 11:54 Quote
Vernon controversy all up heating the air waves on the KRT... Sorry for clogging up your space Homiez, but heh we're gonna stick up for our hood, str8 up G'z.

Like Vernon is slowly eroding / turning into the Compton / Watts of the Okanagan, Kelowna being Inglewood (upscale Ghetto) ... But heh partna' we still gonna take pride in our town and trails Holmes!

You dis our trails / town bee-weady fo' the concequences... We Shred what we got Holmes, Flow is found inside, not on the trail, or found depending on your 12k XX1 build bro... Hugs & Love bro's, Vernon trails are dope.

Final warning, respect the game... Check your ego / riding skills at the door. You get more Bee'z with Honey Bro.

Respect. Step.

No need to Flex Homie, And leave the flossin' to the bathroom.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 9:18 Quote
Its been a while since I have ridden my trail bike in the park, but I did a few runs the other day .... all I gotta say is, you guys that ride little bikes in the park all day long are crazy.

#DHLivesMatter

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Its been a while since I have ridden my trail bike in the park, but I did a few runs the other day .... all I gotta say is, you guys that ride little bikes in the park all day long are crazy.

#DHLivesMatter

Just got to make sure you make it. 6 rides though it is in the shop for the second time for a couple of issues related to getting the crap beat out of it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
..... Why that BMX video XB posted is so impressive man, same concept your talking about. The guy did a drop bigger than anyone in this forum has ever done on 20" wheels, no suspension. POS xc bikes (Slayer) can be ridden fast in park if you have the skills and are willing to thrash your bike.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
..... Why that BMX video XB posted is so impressive man, same concept your talking about. The guy did a drop bigger than anyone in this forum has ever done on 20" wheels, no suspension. POS xc bikes (Slayer) can be ridden fast in park if you have the skills and are willing to thrash your bike.

Bro, small bikes are easier to whip around.Its f*cking science. Thats why you dont see Rheeder and his bros jumping on the 29er ban wagon.

I bet if you gave Rheeder a 20" BMX and 1 week in the foam pit he would dominate FISE.... (f*ck, I bet Tom Vansteezeburger could even do it ). But BMX prize money, like the wheels, is small time and all their fans are 12 y/o boys... you seen the slope style guys girl friends? Hot as f*ck...case closed.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 11:41 Quote
Ok I’ll bite.

VJ, It’s all about the build. You’re running the trail shock and more trail type parts on your Slayer. It’s also seeing one bike for everything duty. Of course it’s getting rattled. With how hard you ride and the one bike for all approach I’m not surprised. If you can swing it put an X2 on the back full time and double down casing tires on it for the park season. That shock update will make a big difference as far as wear an tear.
I also tried the one bike for all back in the day with my old Reign X, it does not work. Too much abuse for one ride IMO.

Craw, my Slayer is X2 shock, Atlas cranks, Double Down casing etc... it’s pretty much a DH bike. Believe me I’ve been playing trail bike with it all summer after selling my HD3. A trail bike it is not. It will do it but it’s sluggish going up single track switchback trail and only excels on trails where you can let her fly on the way down. It’s no trail bike.
As far as maintenance I went all last season and 1/2 of this park season with no major issues. Finally had the rear wheel relaceed this past Thursday. That’s 1 year, 1 week-ish without any major problems. Just brake bleeds, pads, and 2 cooked/bent rotors. It could probably use a fork service now but I’ll wait until the bike park season is over to do it.
To be fair I always have 2-3 bikes at my disposal at any given time so one bike does not see all the abuse. That helps a lot too.

With all that said I have to say I’ve been enjoying Silver Star alot more this season than the past few. Not sure why. Once I get a proper trail bike sorted out again I wouldn’t rule out the return of a dual crown bike in my life. I just have to figure out how to get one of those Furious bike builds down to 35lbs or less on a budget.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 11:47 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Bro, small bikes are easier to whip around.Its f*cking science. Thats why you dont see Rheeder and his bros jumping on the 29er ban wagon.

I bet if you gave Rheeder a 20" BMX and 1 week in the foam pit he would dominate FISE.... (f*ck, I bet Tom Vansteezeburger could even do it ). But BMX prize money, like the wheels, is small time and all their fans are 12 y/o boys... you seen the slope style guys girl friends? Hot as f*ck...case closed.

Are you hi right now? Dude all I said was the guy did a 20' drop on a BMX bike to pretty flat landing... No one f#kn cares about contests bro... Oooh ya go Monster Energy clad everything! Support Corporations!!! Yaaaah throw another tail whip! No one cares bro, I'm talking about the Streetz. Real skillz

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
What is this the sickest Build Forum? No one cares about your build bro. Everyone stopped reading your posts when you started sh#tting all over Vernon trails.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 11:53 Quote
My 2nd last post is funny where I dis Monster Energy / Big Corporations, as I posted a Monster Energy endorsed BMX video.... Aaaaaaaa snap, lol

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 11:57 Quote
Not sure what you are you talking about.
There’s a shit ton of fantastic trail here. Soupy Nutz is not one of them. Look within you MTB soul, you know I’m right. Time to load up for the park.
Later.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 12:23 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
My 2nd last post is funny where I dis Monster Energy / Big Corporations, as I posted a Monster Energy endorsed BMX video.... Aaaaaaaa snap, lol

Monster energy ... the RC cola of energy drinks. small potatoes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019513
Mobile Version of Website