Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Author Message
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 21:21 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
If your going 26er, might as well go full on 24er because more playful.

Buuuuuuuud...

Don't make XB take back the pro Spesh comments.

2/6-4,-lifes

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
Sorry to get off topic of slagging high prices of Mtbikes. It is crazy I agree.

Anyway, planning on coming to Vernon agan this summer and options are July 1 - 7 and/or July 15 - 22. I was there late June last year and wasn't able to get on Beowulf. In ya'll's experience should it be open by then? I spoke with the lovely accented Kiwi's at Silverstar just now and they said that there is less snowpack this year than last.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
cameronbikes wrote:
Sorry to get off topic of slagging high prices of Mtbikes. It is crazy I agree.

Anyway, planning on coming to Vernon agan this summer and options are July 1 - 7 and/or July 15 - 22. I was there late June last year and wasn't able to get on Beowulf. In ya'll's experience should it be open by then? I spoke with the lovely accented Kiwi's at Silverstar just now and they said that there is less snowpack this year than last.

Beowulf aside, earlier you come the less smoke there will be, and a chance still of brown pow...

Beowulf has no tech, loops @ Sovereign where it's at Cuz.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
Are there any trees left to make smoke?? Lol. Hoping for a smoke free season. Def loved the Sovereign trails too. SilverStar xc trails were good, but either a little easy or really hard. Some really big off camber stuff I was not expecting after things were very very tame on the rest of the trails.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:30 Quote
I don't always agree with XB but when I do it's about Beowulf. No tech with a 2 hour climb out. Meh
She's boring other than to say you did it. Just do a bunch of laps at Sovereign, the Knoll trails and up Shit Shack down through the park. Time better spent IMO.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:35 Quote
I found Soverign too much up and down.... trails should be either one or the other.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:42 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
I found Soverign too much up and down.... trails should be either one or the other.

I only find the first third of Hammered Cow very up and down with a lot of XC ski trail riding. That part and Upper Dagmal. All the other trails have some ups but not much. The downside is they are short. Have to do 2 or 3 laps to get a nice long ride in.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
I did Raw Bones and Soup to Nuts and it was horrible.... Should have stuck to Nobles.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
I did Raw Bones and Soup to Nuts and it was horrible.... Should have stuck to Nobles.

Raw bones probably has the most climb in it. Dagmal, Rock Is The New Berm, Hammered Cow those are the goods in Soveriegn. Very much worth the time and effort. Can't comment on soup to nutz since I always end up on Hammered cow no matter how hard I try to ride soup to nutz.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
I found Soverign too much up and down.... trails should be either one or the other.

Haters be hatin'

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
I liked Beowolf, not super tech but a fun flowy down for a half hour straight. But it does have a significant climb out.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
Best bet would be to get a Camping spot at Ellison, and just hot lap Deez Nutz for the entire weekend. Gigity.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:58 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:
I found Soverign too much up and down.... trails should be either one or the other.

Haters be hatin'

loam be loaming

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
damo wrote:
I liked Beowolf, not super tech but a fun flowy down for a half hour straight. But it does have a significant climb out.

2 hours of up out is VERY significant. I'll just do a bunch of Double Dog Flow laps instead.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
Beowulf is bass akwards, Do the Big Ed loop in Kal instead. Big climb to start, but all downhill to finish.
Best to end smiling, not crying.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013474
Mobile Version of Website