Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
dfbland wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
dfbland wrote:

I'll probably take a rake up for a walk when I got time at some point.

Thank you. Let us know if there are trees down or any major maintenance.

I'd say most likely next Sunday is the earliest I can get there, but if there are trees down, I got my trusty lil Stihl that fits nicely in my backpack that'll fix those pesky problems... I've actually never been to Noble before, but stoked to see it.

Shuttle day in a couple of weeks, ill keep you posted. i will most likely be out sunday also but on a different trail. your welcome to help with that one also.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
I’m going to try and get out there this week to give the trails a full walk. Like I said I know both are being ridden already but not sure if they are perfectly clear.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
You know that Poacher video was filmed last year right? No way it's clear right now that good.

You know that Hollywood videos are filmed like a year or 2 before release right...? Dont get all caught up in the magic bro, this life ain't live.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
Shred is going to walk it this week.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
Video might be from last year but I know SoS and Baconator are being ridden this year already. Like VJ said, I’ll I do a hike this week when I have time.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Video might be from last year but I know SoS and Baconator are being ridden this year already. Like VJ said, I’ll I do a hike this week when I have time.

Just grinding your Eagle... It could of been filmed this year for sure...

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
I might do a Nobel walk tomorrow or some time this week for a little cleaning also explore a old vision

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
Also does anyone know if they are logging in nobels right now? Just in case if I need a radio for the road.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
pureadrenalin wrote:
Also does anyone know if they are logging in nobels right now? Just in case if I need a radio for the road.

They where logging a little on the Rhino in the winter and Squirrel side also. Farther than the I dont think so but dont quote me on it.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
there will be logging up there again starting Mid May.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 20:53 Quote
Motto removed the motto block at the bottom of baconator and rutted the switch backs out to unusable

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 21:03 Quote
Went for a hike today in No-Bulls.
Baconator is all clear with zero trees down. Very surprised as there’s usually a few down over the winter. Only a couple of low hangers that can be ridden under however they really should be cut out for safety eventually. The trees are in the usual blowdown area. I’m without chainsaw right now so if someone wants to volunteer have at her.
Also the switchbacks to the wooden bridge side exit are in good shape. However the route in could use a brush back/widening. Easy job.

That said it’s not all good news. Our motorized friends decided to pull apart the drop right at the end of the final switch back section. They have been hauling ass up the switchbacks and have rutted out the very top so deep your cranks would probably bottom out if you tried to ride the rut. Nothing that can’t be fixed by a small crew and some picks but it might be time to put a drop right at the top of the switchbacks. Also one up where that rotten skinny is too. Make it more difficult so they just look for an easier way up elsewhere.

I didn’t have enough time to get all the way up SoS. I’ll try to later this week.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
bruhmhilda wrote:
there will be logging up there again starting Mid May.

Excellent.

Trail building is easiest post clear cut .. and the trail wont be disturbed again for as long as I give a f*ck.

Hug a logger.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 21:49 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Motto removed the motto block at the bottom of baconator and rutted the switch backs out to unusable

What if I told you it was actually E-bikes.

Discuss.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 22:06 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

What if I told you it was actually E-bikes.

Discuss.

same thing...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021445
Mobile Version of Website