Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: May 12, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
photo
Want to take up road biking AND stick it to the man? Do you lust for the best of the golden age of road riding? Period correct, except for the seat. Full shimano 600 ( ultegra before it was ultegra). True 10 speed.

Impress everyone at ratio next week. Buy a real road bike.

100 bucks, or equivalent value in beer, weed or Whiskey.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Tiagra.

Welfare, try castanet.net Budget section.

Life's too short not to have light, crisp shifting action.

Life's too short to be a disgruntled internet troll. Shut up and buy my road bike!
... Take this over to the Kelowna Thread, they like Whack lame stuff over there.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
photo
Want to take up road biking AND stick it to the man? Do you lust for the best of the golden age of road riding? Period correct, except for the seat. Full shimano 600 ( ultegra before it was ultegra). True 10 speed.

Sweet ride Holmes, you can't buy that kind of Hipster Street Cred.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
Any of you looking to get into Road riding? Looking to eliminate one of the bikes in the garage. In great shape, lightly ridden! M/L Size, $800. Will trade for Chariot/Baby related bike items, or roof rack setup.

photo

Im on the fence. I might be in the market for something roadie but I was thinking a gravel bike or something i could put a saddle on the back or a cooler. This maybe too much of a star bucks commuter. I'm a little effed at the moment but if its still around in a couple of weeks maybe ill come see if i can get on it.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Any of you looking to get into Road riding? Looking to eliminate one of the bikes in the garage. In great shape, lightly ridden! M/L Size, $800. Will trade for Chariot/Baby related bike items, or roof rack setup.

photo

Im on the fence. I might be in the market for something roadie but I was thinking a gravel bike or something i could put a saddle on the back or a cooler. This maybe too much of a star bucks commuter. I'm a little effed at the moment but if its still around in a couple of weeks maybe ill come see if i can get on it.

Sounds good! Thanks

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
photo

Nice bike! Reminds me a bit of this old girl I once had for a few years. Likely still around town??

photo

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
Eze-E's Nishiki ride is pretty friggin slick too... Post up your pics Eze.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
photo

Older Trust Fork.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 18:22 Quote
3K US cheaper too....

Jeff-Kendal-Weed is so dope, kind of over does the manual....

If you don't know the Weed, YouTube him, you'll never see a Hipster Dad looking book geek Shred so F#kn hard. Guy is super legit.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Eze-E's Nishiki ride is pretty friggin slick too... Post up your pics Eze.

Do not feed the trolls

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 19:16 Quote
Nishiki kills Craws jalopy, how you supposed to reach those brake levers?

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Nishiki kills Craws jalopy, how you supposed to reach those brake levers?

True story.

I only ride high or on the hoods.

Drop bar is just for looks

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 20:50 Quote
What the heck is a hood????? I got 40mm rise mountain bars on my road bike.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2019 at 19:35 Quote
Hey all,

I'm interviewing for a job in Vernon this weekend. Looking to move there if it goes well!

Anyone care to weigh in on the riding, living in Vernon, the Okanagan? I'm from Saskatoon.

Can you ride in the rain with Vernon soil? I thought I'd bring my bike.

Thanks!

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 20:10 Quote
It doesn’t really rain here. Drizzle for an hour at most. You should absolutely bring your bike.

Interview pro tip: ask for written copy of their sexual harassment policy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032374
Mobile Version of Website