Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Author Message
Posted: May 16, 2019 at 8:22 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Predator is on board with the cheddar because they know not everyone is down for $150 worth of green fees, plus food and beers in one day. They know a little dirt bag money over multiple rides at a mid-stop shack may draw people to other amenities going on other than golf. Good on them.
I’ve done family brunch and dinners up there. Plus the lady of the woods has spa-ed-ed there too. Smart business decision. A few golfers will just have to put up with some hub buzz. However I do stop to be respectful when they are putting or driving. I used to golf too. Maybe when I retire from DH in 3 years. Wink

PS- I wish they had even more terrain to play on. If they could get more land West of Mantle Trail down towards Eastside road there would be even more rocky goodness to play on.

slabs are so Squamish and pretty played out.... it's so flat there as well. Cedar forests with proper dirt is where it's at. Put the mountain back into mountain biking.

After your sushi comment, we cant take anything you say from your ivory tower seriously.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
Vernon Hype, lots of promotion, or just Pred laying out some serious Ched?

Money = Online Hype....


Only a small potatoes guy like your self would consider what Pred is investing in MTB as "serious ched". Its just a fraction of what they spend on their tennis pro. I bet they spent more money on this sign ....


There is some seriously good pedalling out to the North of Pred. They (land owners/property mgmt) have started to patrol the area a little more frequently, which resulted in me having a conversation with a nice fella on a side by side way out in the sticks above Beverly Hills Estates/Bench Row. He expressed that there is concern with general public exposure regarding the IED (Land mine) situation on the property.

I hope Pred can come to some sort of recreational agreement with the land owners on this piece North of Pred, as it is a blast to explore!


I have ridden up there quite a bit in the spring. Its pretty fun. I had the UXO (unexploded ordinance) discussion with one of the guys up there too (Just FYI, IED's are improvised explosive devices, and there generally intentionally set tools of terror).

I cant see any of the land owners that border pred coughing up land for nothing. Pred was trying to put an access road in a few years ago (so they can sell more houses) and rumor was the land owners were asking a crazy sum (like millions). The bike club may have better success, but that beggs the question of how involved a society should get in securing private land to essentially help add value to a private company.

Not that many bro-brahs would care / or think about that, its easy to get drunk on the slabby kool-aide .... food for thought either way.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:


Only a small potatoes guy like your self would consider what Pred is investing in MTB as "serious ched". Its just a fraction of what they spend on their tennis pro. I bet they spent more money on this sign ....


There is some seriously good pedalling out to the North of Pred. They (land owners/property mgmt) have started to patrol the area a little more frequently, which resulted in me having a conversation with a nice fella on a side by side way out in the sticks above Beverly Hills Estates/Bench Row. He expressed that there is concern with general public exposure regarding the IED (Land mine) situation on the property.

I hope Pred can come to some sort of recreational agreement with the land owners on this piece North of Pred, as it is a blast to explore!


I have ridden up there quite a bit in the spring. Its pretty fun. I had the UXO (unexploded ordinance) discussion with one of the guys up there too (Just FYI, IED's are improvised explosive devices, and there generally intentionally set tools of terror).

I cant see any of the land owners that border pred coughing up land for nothing. Pred was trying to put an access road in a few years ago (so they can sell more houses) and rumor was the land owners were asking a crazy sum (like millions). The bike club may have better success, but that beggs the question of how involved a society should get in securing private land to essentially help add value to a private company.

Not that many bro-brahs would care / or think about that, its easy to get drunk on the slabby kool-aide .... food for thought either way.

I believe I have seen you on the south end of the property teeing into the Longspoon Loop hiking trail. I do a lot of exploring on bike up in that area as well as I am a local resident. Thank you for the response on the north end regarding UXO's. I have yet to see one and hope that I never do regardless of their current state.

The riding on the North end reminds me a lot of the rolling fast open "Cosens Bay Express" type trails. Lots of undulating terrain!

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
NachoManRandySalad wrote:

I believe I have seen you on the south end of the property teeing into the Longspoon Loop hiking trail.

I affectionately call that the "conflict loop".

The dog walking ladies dont take kindly to strangers walking their bikes around there. In stark contrast, the UXO guy was super friendly.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Its not $2 hotdog or paycheck. (i think that's the symbol trail you are referring to?) Might be the one hit french connection below the power line gun range.

ps. does anyone want to clean up paycheck and get it ready to ride? would also like to put a work crew together for some trail build if people would like to give up a Sunday. $2 hot dog and paycheck need just a little bit and they will should be added to the trail app by the fall depending on how much help is given.

$2 hotdog (the trail formerly known as shitbird) is like SOS but bigger
Paycheck was built by Brett Rheeders crew with Noah Brasseau and is the one from the video.

the 2 are linked.

I'd be down to help with some trail building, just give me a heads up. and id make some time.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Predator is on board with the cheddar because they know not everyone is down for $150 worth of green fees, plus food and beers in one day. They know a little dirt bag money over multiple rides at a mid-stop shack may draw people to other amenities going on other than golf. Good on them.
I’ve done family brunch and dinners up there. Plus the lady of the woods has spa-ed-ed there too. Smart business decision. A few golfers will just have to put up with some hub buzz. However I do stop to be respectful when they are putting or driving. I used to golf too. Maybe when I retire from DH in 3 years. Wink

PS- I wish they had even more terrain to play on. If they could get more land West of Mantle Trail down towards Eastside road there would be even more rocky goodness to play on.

slabs are so Squamish and pretty played out.... it's so flat there as well. Cedar forests with proper dirt is where it's at. Put the mountain back into mountain biking.

After your sushi comment, we cant take anything you say from your ivory tower seriously.

couple of spots downtown were quite good last time I visited.... no ivory towers here except for trail quality.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
kmag76 wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
Its not $2 hotdog or paycheck. (i think that's the symbol trail you are referring to?) Might be the one hit french connection below the power line gun range.

ps. does anyone want to clean up paycheck and get it ready to ride? would also like to put a work crew together for some trail build if people would like to give up a Sunday. $2 hot dog and paycheck need just a little bit and they will should be added to the trail app by the fall depending on how much help is given.

$2 hotdog (the trail formerly known as shitbird) is like SOS but bigger
Paycheck was built by Brett Rheeders crew with Noah Brasseau and is the one from the video.

the 2 are linked.

I'd be down to help with some trail building, just give me a heads up. and id make some time.

Vaginal-Jeep.... Duuuuuude, keep this sh#t anonymous bro.... Breaking the Code.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
kmag76 wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
Its not $2 hotdog or paycheck. (i think that's the symbol trail you are referring to?) Might be the one hit french connection below the power line gun range.

ps. does anyone want to clean up paycheck and get it ready to ride? would also like to put a work crew together for some trail build if people would like to give up a Sunday. $2 hot dog and paycheck need just a little bit and they will should be added to the trail app by the fall depending on how much help is given.

$2 hotdog (the trail formerly known as shitbird) is like SOS but bigger
Paycheck was built by Brett Rheeders crew with Noah Brasseau and is the one from the video.

the 2 are linked.

I'd be down to help with some trail building, just give me a heads up. and id make some time.

Vaginal-Jeep.... Duuuuuude, keep this sh#t anonymous bro.... Breaking the Code.

Ya gotta name drop bro. If you the dont know pros, you are just another joe.

Truth: who is gonna take some hateful rando shmuck seriously? But a hateful Pro-bro... different story.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 18:31 Quote
Say bro 10x in a sentence, I dare you.... What are you 13 years old from Venice Beach?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 20:05 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Say bro 10x in a sentence, I dare you.... What are you 13 years old from Venice Beach?

Bro. you front'in me bro? Come at me bro. I am muther f*cking 15 years old and from Vernon bro. Represent. White bro gang life.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 21:51 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
Say bro 10x in a sentence, I dare you.... What are you 13 years old from Venice Beach?

Bro. you front'in me bro? Come at me bro. I am muther f*cking 15 years old and from Vernon bro. Represent. White bro gang life.

Bro, that's only half way there's on the Bro's... Mediocre like your Cable routing bro.

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
For those who were asking a few pages back. Silver Star pass sales at shops right before Early Bird ends.

Check List.

1. Make sure you are not injured and out for the season. (So far, so good.)
2. Buy pass with cash in hand.
3. Get new picture on the spot.
4. Walk away with pass in hand.

SUMMER SEASON PASS ON-SITE SALE LOCATIONS:

May 25th, 11:00 - 3:00 -- MEC Kelowna (TBC)
May 31th, 12:00 - 4:30 -- Sun Country Vernon
June 1st, 10:00 - 4:00 -- Skyride Vernon
June 2nd, 12:00 - 4:00 -- Olympia Vernon


Get it bros!

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
For those who were asking a few pages back. Silver Star pass sales at shops right before Early Bird ends.

Check List.

1. Make sure you are not injured and out for the season. (So far, so good.)
2. Buy pass with cash in hand.
3. Get new picture on the spot.
4. Walk away with pass in hand.

SUMMER SEASON PASS ON-SITE SALE LOCATIONS:

May 25th, 11:00 - 3:00 -- MEC Kelowna (TBC)
May 31th, 12:00 - 4:30 -- Sun Country Vernon
June 1st, 10:00 - 4:00 -- Skyride Vernon
June 2nd, 12:00 - 4:00 -- Olympia Vernon


Get it bros!

You getting 5% points per referred sale or something bro? Like bro, how informative.... When XB buys his 6 pack at the Store he'll say Shredbe4Bedtime Referred him...

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
Ha!
I wish I was getting a kickback, I could put the money towards your bro dirtbag tailgate BBQ fund.

Gimbal video of the canyon on the Youtube.


Posted: May 18, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
For those who were asking a few pages back. Silver Star pass sales at shops right before Early Bird ends.

Check List.

1. Make sure you are not injured and out for the season. (So far, so good.)
2. Buy pass with cash in hand.
3. Get new picture on the spot.
4. Walk away with pass in hand.

SUMMER SEASON PASS ON-SITE SALE LOCATIONS:

May 25th, 11:00 - 3:00 -- MEC Kelowna (TBC)
May 31th, 12:00 - 4:30 -- Sun Country Vernon
June 1st, 10:00 - 4:00 -- Skyride Vernon
June 2nd, 12:00 - 4:00 -- Olympia Vernon


Get it bros!

What about the people who bought online can we pick our pass up from them or do I have to wait till the 21st


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030632
Mobile Version of Website