Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: May 27, 2019 at 8:49 Quote
Walk it off Vernon-Jeff...

It's Penticton who cares, place sucks worse than Kelowna....

..... Actually thinking for 5 seconds has led XB to realize Penticton is hella dope, they have developed the lake front properly, unlike completely striking out like Vernon / Coldstream by having almost all private residence on the lakes and very little park land and commercial properties for store front, restaurants etc...

Penticton / Naramatas is a hella Summer Bro-To.... Mexi restaurants on the lake, Wine tours with lake views in Naramatas.... Thanks for nothing Vernon.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Anyone feel like camping? The access road to the spankies property is crown land...

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
So let me get this straight... This guy bought the property that had the access to spankies, he put a gates on it so we couldnt use it and he doesnt own the property.

Can we make sure that people are submitting comment contrary to this application? Maybe we can get our access back.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 14:59 Quote
At the least we should all send them an email, opposing this, as preservation of MTB access. It’s also a very interesting situation any time some one is talking about disposing of crown land. Regardless of location, that’s a resource / access point you are never getting back

Although, I think an actual part of the trail was on his property... someone needs to look at real maps and Maybe post that link.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 16:07 Quote
I believe this to correct. The trail crosses the road behind where that new garage/barn building is. That would be private property. Closer to the switchback by Silver Star road should be crown land as shown in this article.
Not sure about trail before the property higher up.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
I had thought that the trails weren’t on his property.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
You guys don't even ride Spankies anymore.... This is like complaining about a dead horse knocking over your expired milk.

Get over it, Spankies died years ago, and the shy turtle Trail Boss is a Dead Beat.... Story ends here... Bike Bro's: 0 ... ALBERTAN land owners: 1.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
We gets access we puts in a trail.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
XB's right, she's dead.
Bottom 3rd of Spankies was that old school choppy jank riding anyway, not great. Riding has moved on, people want faaaast tails with roots a loam not slow creepy crawly trails with drops to flat.
It's not 2008 anymore.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 22:35 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
XB's right, she's dead.
Bottom 3rd of Spankies was that old school choppy jank riding anyway, not great. Riding has moved on, people want faaaast tails with roots a loam not slow creepy crawly trails with drops to flat.
It's not 2008 anymore.

That's some serious hate... Spankys is what it was... Flow comes from in one's self.

Seriously though, there's a private land issue... #CutTheTape
#WeWillRebuild

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Walk it off Vernon-Jeff...

It's Penticton who cares, place sucks worse than Kelowna....

..... Actually thinking for 5 seconds has led XB to realize Penticton is hella dope, they have developed the lake front properly, unlike completely striking out like Vernon / Coldstream by having almost all private residence on the lakes and very little park land and commercial properties for store front, restaurants etc...

Penticton / Naramatas is a hella Summer Bro-To.... Mexi restaurants on the lake, Wine tours with lake views in Naramatas.... Thanks for nothing Vernon.

Have to agree with you on the highlighted part above XB.
There's that large chunk of land right on the corner of Lakeshore and Eastside road. Right next to the Strand. The city could buy it up and develop into some sort of lakefront park with cafes, restaurants and such. Plus the property across Eastside road is/was for sale too. There's where your parking lot goes. Do we need to keep the boarded up house there now?
I think not.
Not sure why this hasn't been thought of and done already. I guess all the money is being spent on the road behind Rona that seems like it will never open.

While they're at it they could double lane the road all the way from Lakeshore to the Super Save gas station. There's a lot of wasted space on both side of the road. Two lanes both ways would be an easy fit. This would also elivite the increased traffic from 1000 soccer moms leaving Marshall Fields and dirt bag MTB's headed to Ellison.

God knows I pay enough property tax to fund my part.

Rant/Over
Shred, part time city planner. Lol

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 6:02 Quote
Bro, no one cares about Okanagan Lake in Vernon.... It's all Septic Poo water, with Duck&Bird Poo beaches, it's all about that Kal baby. XB was at Kin Beach on the weekend: It was an APoocalypse!

The bypass road behind Rona was going well for a Summer 2019 opening, but the Albertan Contractor up and cut his losses when the site turned into a homeless camp, and the 13 year old school teen Climate Change activists engulfing the Province turned the site into a perpetual Protest Platform.

Statistically there is now more e-bikes on the roads, trails than non-e right now. We are the minority. #MoveOverMortal.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
There are a lot of easements accessing the lake that the city simply hasn’t taken ownership of. So as a result, the private land owners have absconded them.

Some of the more accessible easements are being reclaimed, but it’s a slow process.... next, let’s talk about public access to the foreshore ( or lack there of)

... I would bet my breakfast beer that most bro-brahs would trade these easements for a new bike trail. Subdue the proletariat, more opioids, more McDonald’s. Enjoy the warm cocoon of complacency.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 16:29 Quote
Riding from Predator to Rail trail on buffed crush gravel DBL track is close to a reality.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017366
Mobile Version of Website