Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
Please post up a picture of the bike, or the a pic of it new off Rockys website, so we know what to look for.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
stewartsnow wrote:
.... The f*ckers left the bolt cutters behind in the box of truck....

If you don't want the bolt cutters, I will trade you for a 6 pack.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
The one behind temptations is supposedly a good bet. Also the mission. If you have a picture post it

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Recovered from a pawn shop from what I understand? Can you confirm this Stewart?

Also, would be nice if there was some sort of serial run protocol for pawn shops when taking such a high end bike in...

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
Recovered from a pawn shop from what I understand? Can you confirm this Stewart?

Also, would be nice if there was some sort of serial run protocol for pawn shops when taking such a high end bike in...

the pawn shops are actually pretty good about collecting identifying info from the person trying to sell / unload it and then contacting police.

Ultimately, if they don't and they are in possession of stolen goods, they bear the fiscal brunt.

Most high end bikes that get stole get moved out of town to larger centers like Vancouver pretty quickly.

......there would also have to a central database for bike serial numbers that everyone buys into... and I would wager most people dont even have their serial number written down, let alone registered with a database.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
NachoManRandySalad wrote:

the pawn shops are actually pretty good about collecting identifying info from the person trying to sell / unload it and then contacting police.

Ultimately, if they don't and they are in possession of stolen goods, they bear the fiscal brunt.

Most high end bikes that get stole get moved out of town to larger centers like Vancouver pretty quickly.

......there would also have to a central database for bike serial numbers that everyone buys into... and I would wager most people dont even have their serial number written down, let alone registered with a database.

Project 529 is great for that I have a few pics of my bike and the serial attached to my profile on there. If you bike get stolen you change your status to stolen and it can be identified by police

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
What a day. Yes her bike has been recovered & in perfect shape
Female crackhead tried to pawn it at the shop by Phoenix steakhouse. She asked for $250 for the bike. Pawn shop gave it to her and then the police got the bike
How or why the pawn shop didn’t cross reference the bike first is questionable. They lose out on $250 and the crackhead still gets high for another night
I was pretty stoked as the pawn shop saw my post on rant & rave and messaged me about it (it was already in police hands). I was prepared to give the pawn shop $250 to cover cost but now I’m thinking that really won’t help anything
And just repeat the cycle of shit getting stolen and pawn shops buying stuff to support crackheads

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 19:15 Quote
And I tried to post pics earlier for you Guy but the site wouldn’t let me. Maybe a mobile site issue??

And sorry Crawford the bolt cutters went to the cops for finger prints

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
Awesome you got the bike back. The pawn shop should be charged with something... they are just enabling. Vernon DT is worse that Main and Hasting in Van. What's the mayor doing?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
Ugh downtown Vernon is sure as sh*t not worse than the downtown east side. But I agree the SRO's and the pawn shops or anyone else that panders to/enables these thriving bastards should be held accountable.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
caboose wrote:
Ugh downtown Vernon is sure as sh*t not worse than the downtown east side. But I agree the SRO's and the pawn shops or anyone else that panders to/enables these thriving bastards should be held accountable.

You still Vancouver way Caboose?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
stewartsnow wrote:
What a day. Yes her bike has been recovered & in perfect shape
Female crackhead tried to pawn it at the shop by Phoenix steakhouse. She asked for $250 for the bike. Pawn shop gave it to her and then the police got the bike
How or why the pawn shop didn’t cross reference the bike first is questionable. They lose out on $250 and the crackhead still gets high for another night
I was pretty stoked as the pawn shop saw my post on rant & rave and messaged me about it (it was already in police hands). I was prepared to give the pawn shop $250 to cover cost but now I’m thinking that really won’t help anything
And just repeat the cycle of shit getting stolen and pawn shops buying stuff to support crackheads

Congrats. #deathtobiketheives

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
Vernon only seems worse than paces like Vancouver because we are not able to geographically and socioeconomicaly segregate aspects of our society

Also, before u knock the pawn shop consider that if they didn’t take the bike in the first place, the bike would either get tossed in a dumpster or sold to someone else who would part it out or ship it out of town. There is a high likelihood they knew what they were getting into on that deal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013815
Mobile Version of Website