Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 7:49 Quote
Vernon only seems worse than paces like Vancouver because we are not able to geographically and socioeconomicaly segregate aspects of our society.

This^
Vernon is a small place compared to Vancouver. Troubled people can freely roam from one end of the city to another.
In Vancouver the count is definitely higher but more concentrated. She’s too big for the troubled to roam everywhere.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
Yeah still working in the downtown east side XB. And shred I wish it was the case that they stayed in one spot but Vancouver is putting more low income housing into what used to be nice neighbourhoods to spread the problem out and help pull the rug over the issue.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
It’s hard to move between social and economic classes. Segregation of the poor doesn’t provide any tangible long term solutions.

While the “problem” is multi factorial, some major contributors are that our provincial government has moved from an institutional based mental health treatment system to a community based one. Overlap that with the fact that there hasn’t been any actual wage growth (despite increased productivity) since maybe the 70’s, yet food and housing costs have outpaced inflation.

Why not just kill the poor and mentally ill? We could eat them. That would solve a lot of problems

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
VRT just got super serious.... Chill bro's, rather talk about leverage curves and head angles, just saying.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
Crawford how the f*ck would you even cook them ? Beside they probably cause cancer with all their poor related toxins.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
Vaginal-Jeff has some valid Points.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 20:05 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Crawford how the f*ck would you even cook them?

Deep fried.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
VRT always good for a gutter chuckle.

Seriously though, E-Bike startled me so bad the other day on the Rail Trail, XB had to pause mid Android VRT post to yell at the Veteran on the E-Mobile.

Bigger Issues out there guys.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
On cooking the homeless;

Their meat cant be any worse than that of an industrially raise animal. In fact, their meat should be more tender as they are free range. Even the heaviest of dug users will likely have less antibiotics and hormones than your standard pig or cow.

Their skin is also well weathered and often tattooed. I envision an entire line of custom leather products, from hand bags to bicycle saddles.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
VRT always good for a gutter chuckle.

Seriously though, E-Bike startled me so bad the other day on the Rail Trail, XB had to pause mid Android VRT post to yell at the Veteran on the E-Mobile.

Bigger Issues out there guys.

I am assembling an e-bike for the first time tomorrow.

What kind of precautions should I take to avoid contracting a computer virus? Can my other bikes catch anything form the e-bike, even if its not showing symptoms? I am a touch concerned.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
Yep i saw the Rail Trails advertisement for a local electric bike company.

Crawford: I think next winter i would like to make a gas version of a pedal assist for cosens and the rail trail. start thinking about it now.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Yep i saw the Rail Trails advertisement for a local electric bike company.

Crawford: I think next winter i would like to make a gas version of a pedal assist for cosens and the rail trail. start thinking about it now.

Ever consider the cheaper option with a Diesel Pedal Assist?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
dfbland wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
Yep i saw the Rail Trails advertisement for a local electric bike company.

Crawford: I think next winter i would like to make a gas version of a pedal assist for cosens and the rail trail. start thinking about it now.

Ever consider the cheaper option with a Diesel Pedal Assist?

maybe even propane. i honestly think there is a market for this.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
Bitchumen Powered, I heard Alberta needs to unload some product.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
“When crashing downhill isn’t enough”


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012807
Mobile Version of Website