Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
Haven't been up to the Star much in the last few years. Has there been any major changes to the mid level trails, such as Superstar, LTG, Shazam, Jedi? Overall, how's the vibe up there nowadays?

They started a full reroute of lower Shazam last season. Not sure if they completed it... The others all get minor tweaks as needed, biggest change last season was the redesign of upper Rockstar.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
If someone posts about silverstar but it wasnt posted in the ssrt, does the post even exist?

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
Haven't been up to the Star much in the last few years. Has there been any major changes to the mid level trails, such as Superstar, LTG, Shazam, Jedi? Overall, how's the vibe up there nowadays?

They started a full reroute of lower Shazam last season. Not sure if they completed it... The others all get minor tweaks as needed, biggest change last season was the redesign of upper Rockstar.

Sorry X-Nunya-Biznass, SST is defunct, and lies within close geographical proximity, therefore unofficially merged into VRT in an attempt to boost the overall IQ of this thread. (I didn't do it any favours with that long winded, extra wordy intro!)

Nice! Always liked Shazam to mid mountain, but felt the lower was a bit of a rush job to complete it.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
Only a section of lower Shazam got reworked last year. I was told a plan for a full rework of the bottom was slated this year. However with Cam’s departure and shuffling of the trail staff it may or may not happen now. Might be enough just keeping up with what they have until everyone is settled in. I trust the crew will make the park great as usual. T-miuus and counting until later today. \m/

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
Does anyone put much stock in long-term weather forecasts around here? Seeing some rain the forecast over the next week, which seems like a blessing after my last trip in 2017 which was sun every day only to be interrupted by smoke. Not sure if some rain now will have any bearing on fires in the coming weeks.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Does anyone put much stock in long-term weather forecasts around here? Seeing some rain the forecast over the next week, which seems like a blessing after my last trip in 2017 which was sun every day only to be interrupted by smoke. Not sure if some rain now will have any bearing on fires in the coming weeks.

The mtns do crazy things with weather, it's not like out east where storms just roll through (I'm originally from London On)

General rule of thumb for the okanagan is if it says it's going to rain and it's not April, maybe May or October, it's not going to rain.

photo

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
Yep.
It’s the Okanagan. Don’t like the weather? Wait 24 hrs, it will be nice again. So far no smoke. Fingers crossed.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
Yea hopefully no smoke last year riding big white I couldnt see more then 2 lift piles ahead of me

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
freerydscott wrote:

Sorry X-Nunya-Biznass, SST is defunct, and lies within close geographical proximity, therefore unofficially merged into VRT in an attempt to boost the overall IQ of this thread. (I didn't do it any favours with that long winded, extra wordy intro!).

Classic self entitled white privilege. Rules don’t apply, smarter than the rest... nice try bro. Works great at pred pro shop, but not here.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
freerydscott wrote:

Sorry X-Nunya-Biznass, SST is defunct, and lies within close geographical proximity, therefore unofficially merged into VRT in an attempt to boost the overall IQ of this thread. (I didn't do it any favours with that long winded, extra wordy intro!).

Classic self entitled white privilege. Rules don’t apply, smarter than the rest... nice try bro. Works great at pred pro shop, but not here.

Thanks for assuming my race and gender.

Was that your fork in Skyride the other day? I hope you dont mind but i took the tar you had in it an patched my drive way.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
How can you have Macho and " Tossed Salad" in the same login name and expect people to take you serious.

Rain gear packed, Silver Star or bust.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Thanks for assuming my race and gender.

Was that your fork in Skyride the other day? I hope you dont mind but i took the tar you had in it an patched my drive way.

Ya, I traded in my fox 40 for a 14 y/o 888. I think the colour matches my frame better, and the 40 was far too supple. I hardly got the claw, what fun is that.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
How can you have Macho and " Tossed Salad" in the same login name and expect people to take you serious.

Rain gear packed, Silver Star or bust.

Absolutely poured rain up there tonight. Going to hold off until noon-ish tomorrow. Morning will be grezzy.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 22:55 Quote
Brown-Pow is reports I'm getting .

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
Yes, Friday night after she dried out and yesterday all day was brown pow. With last nights rain she should be dried out but noon-ish today. Then it’s go time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028364
Mobile Version of Website