Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
From past experience I'd agree. But, looks like a crap tonne is to fall. I'll still probably chance it, but is it bad etiquette to ride while raining in terms of trail damage there? I'll try to just ride slabs as best as possible ????

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
cameronbikes wrote:
From past experience I'd agree. But, looks like a crap tonne is to fall. I'll still probably chance it, but is it bad etiquette to ride while raining in terms of trail damage there? I'll try to just ride slabs as best as possible ????

Riding the xc networks in the rain is frowned upon, but Silver Star typically dries out fairly fast and has a full time trail crew.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 19:28 Quote
I'm talking Kal, Ellison Predator and Sovereign. I liked the xc at SS but didn't find it too great. I assume your referring to the entire networks as being frowned upon to ride?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 20:58 Quote
cameronbikes wrote:
I'm talking Kal, Ellison Predator and Sovereign. I liked the xc at SS but didn't find it too great. I assume your referring to the entire networks as being frowned upon to ride?

Everything other than Silver Star is maintained by volunteers from the bike club, so typically we try to not rut them up when its muddy. Being a tourist destination there are always out of towners (and locals) that ride no matter what.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 20:58 Quote
cameronbikes wrote:

Typically frowned upon to do something you would not do in your own backyard, yes.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 21:08 Quote
That's why I asked. Don't wanna do any damage. Thanks. It looks like it may lighten up near the end, but I'll see how it's looking tmrw and decide to pack or rent a couple days.
Cheers

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
Poor turnout by the Vernon tRolls socieTy for Extendo..... Shimano brakes vs. SRAM. Some like IBIS, others like SCruz. EVERYONE likes Wendy’s, but Whopper Wednesday is second best ONLY to Che-fxb (Minnaar goaty, 3 Whoppers is too many Whoppers)

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 21:49 Quote
cameronbikes wrote:
That's why I asked. Don't wanna do any damage. Thanks. It looks like it may lighten up near the end, but I'll see how it's looking tmrw and decide to pack or rent a couple days.
Cheers

Totally come and bring your bike(s)! One of the hidden gems of the Provence.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
XB prefers A&W if your gonna ear sub-par BBQ...

#NoHormones

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
robe wrote:
Poor turnout by the Vernon tRolls socieTy for Extendo..... Shimano brakes vs. SRAM. Some like IBIS, others like SCruz. EVERYONE likes Wendy’s, but Whopper Wednesday is second best ONLY to Che-fxb (Minnaar goaty, 3 Whoppers is too many Whoppers)

Spicy chicken sandwich had to do until chef XB is ready to fire up the grill.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 22:27 Quote
New Demo looks Desc. Things fast obviously.... Kinda reminiscent of old Demo 8 days. Would Tap.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
A review of Becker Park Trails

Variable - some wet spots, or some dusty spots but overall good conditions
Trail is great after the rain. Only issue is the Vegrants using the trail as a toilet about half way down. If you see them camping by the trail,call by law. They cant do do much because of the Citys bylaw allowing sleeping in parks, but at least there will be a record of the complant. —fast eddies tf review.

#theowrldisourtoilet
#crawfordwilleatthemall

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
Review of Silver Star.
Thundershowers never happen.
Slick and running slow in the morning, super tacky and running good by 1pm.
Run of the day. Pipe-Dog.
Get it Wednesday night.
\m/

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Review of Silver Star.
Get it Wednesday night.
\m/

Was there homeless people pooping on the trail ?

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Review of Silver Star.
Get it Wednesday night.
\m/

Was there homeless people pooping on the trail ?

No homeless people but I did think about dropping one at hub one. I held it, it went away.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013048
Mobile Version of Website