https://www.pinkbike.com/video/504519
Views: 8,440    Faves: 45    Comments: 3

New NoBulls trail? Looks loamy!

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Possible but not one of ours.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

As in not a sanctioned NOCS trail? What does a person have to do to build a 'legal' trail out in Noble?

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
I think he means like there are other Vernon's like the one in Cali and new jersey

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
NachoManRandySalad wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

As in not a sanctioned NOCS trail? What does a person have to do to build a 'legal' trail out in Noble?

As I mentioned before, I saw the rstbc report for Nobel sitting on Ian McLellan's desk this past spring.

I asked here what the deal was and and I was told that it was rejected due to an unnamed pro building a trail.

This isnt the whole truth though because I doubt rstbc would see the front counter process through, then hire a contractor to do an assessment (roughly $15 000) only to walk away and if that is the case why wasnt compliance and enforcement called? Somethings fishy Vernon bro's

We're entering year 11 with Gillard, we got a parking lot, a washroom and a kiosk but still can't seem to get a trail built or permission to fix the dieing wood.

Daniel Scott did another assessment of the network a month back because the first assessment was done 5 years ago, it's out of date and it totally sucked to begin with. Word is TORCA has been waiting a year for their Daniel Scott report....

In my humble opinion by the time rstbc gets their shit together we won't need trails cause we'll have hover bikes and we'll be able to shralp loam wherever without having to alter the landscape to do so.

The way the legislation reads, it's legal to create a passageway through crown land for whatever purpose but it can only be marked with flagging or cairns. In a nutshell this means, loamers are all good but you cant start moving dirt, no structures and no signs. As soon as you start to alter the landscape you're "occupying" crown land, this is enforced and punishable by compliance and enforcement.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
I think he means like there are other Vernon's like the one in Cali and new jersey

No, it's definitely here...

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
Like I said not one of the existing trails submitted to forestry. Who knows where this is.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Like I said not one of the existing trails submitted to forestry. Who knows where this is.

It's not forestry its rstbc, big difference.
When the assessment is done, club data isn't really important. The assessor collects their own data and they are required to collect all data within the area submitted to front counter.

Our rec officer Ian has 2 rangers one of them is Ryan who was a NOCS exec member until he got the job with rstbc, he also used to build st SS. I'm very confused as well because he knows about Nobel and has probably ridden it before. In revy the rstbc officer actually asked the club to remove the blanket creek trails from trailforks because they are not authorized. Our rec officer is 100% by the book so I'm confused why they've allowed the trails to stay on trailforks.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Who cares anyway, Silver Star is still open and lower Pipedream is mint.
I hope the trail crew re-works it from top down to the paved path next year. Pull the lips back, re-shape the berms, make some jump sections bigger and others smaller. Even it all out like the bottom section. It's so good right now.
Only change I would make at the bottom is the big right hand hip near the end. I would throw some dirt on the backside of it like the big left hand hip on Dirt Merchant in Whistler. It would give you the option to go big or a little smaller like the hip on Dirt Merchant. Right now it's all in big or just ride by on the right as the dirt just falls away behind the takeoff.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 17:57 Quote
It’s under tree skiing somewhere

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Who cares anyway, Silver Star is still open and lower Pipedream is mint.

Oh man is it ever. I only got to ride it when it first opened a couple of weeks back and it was very fresh, but I hope I can get back there sooner than later to ride it for real. Such a dope trail.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 21:53 Quote
Cancelled due to taking a hockey stick to the eye!!!!!!!!

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
Sam Hill : Looks like his gonna 3-Pete .... He's on a tear as of late, he keeps it up he clinches the overall...

Pretty soon will be undeniable that Sam is the GOAT, no one will dispute if he 3Peats...

Sam m#ther F#kn H1LL !!!!!!

Beast Mode.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
NukeProof Mega, Sam Hill edition, 27.5 wheels...

Add to Cart!

If you win on Sunday, your selling on Monday.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014246
Mobile Version of Website