Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
I’m just having some fun. It’s just to easy to get everyone going on here. Lol
I’ll stop now.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:19 Quote
Is it this sport or is it society? We don’t have community anymore. These ebikes are case and point. Sitting in a truck with a bunch of sweaty dudes used to get how we bonded. Now it’s about what you have The coolest gizmo. Being that lone wolf. I don’t think shred means to burn it all down it’s just progress.

So let me interpret what shred is asking for
In 3 years I’m going to be all by myself riding up a logging road all by myself so I can ride down a hill all by myself. Seems like the mtb equivalent of a 4chan kneckbeard.

Ps. Don’t stop now. I’m now committed to this party

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
Don't forget to get a Carbon E-Bike shred then it's only 57 lbs instead of 62 lbs...

Last time XB checked... MTB's rag doll out of control when you go OTB or your front end washes out on a turn with a bank or cliff on the other side. XB' s personally witnessed his bike flip and flail many times until coming to a rest in a rock garden... (not current bike for sale it's mint) ... Also yard-saled so bad once on high speed section "Crash of 08" my bike ended up parked 4' up in a tree suspended in branches, and XB was in some Rose bushes down the bank...

All that said, your frikin worried about a few scratches from a Bike Rack???? What about the damage from riding bro,? Called life bro, Life of a Bike.

And yes there is also Bike Racks available that cause zero damage, whatever you got is junk Shred, look into custom made... Stop investing all into the horse and look into the buggy Shred.

Your thoughts on Shuttling are a lame as Hipster Culture, it's Bizzarre and eventually will leave you in a Starbucks coffee shop alone, starring at your bike Wondering where all the other E-Bikes are.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
All I’m saying is a truck full of sweaty guys shuttling is fine once in awhile. Like next weekend, it will be fun. However it’s not this great community event every time out VJ seems to romanticize about. Yes It can be fun but there’s a lot of other parts about it that suck. That’s why it’s popularity is not what it used to be. It’s just a means to an end, getting to the top to ride DH. Riding DH is the fun part. The way up whether it’s a pickup truck, chairlift or E-bike is just a tool you use.

Furthermore there are plenty of days I want to do just that, lone wolf ride. Sometimes you just don’t want to deal with other people's schedules, trail choices and general nonsense. That’s why I mix it up. I shuttle sometimes, I ride park sometimes and I pedal XC sometimes. Solo or in groups. Add to that a future when I will be able to E-bike access ride areas on days where I don’t feel like sitting in a sweaty truck full of dudes. Doesn’t mean I won’t still shuttle once in a while if asked and it doesn’t mean I don’t like the people. Some days I just wanna be left the f*ck alone to do whatever I wanna do. Simple as that.

Let’s face it, all you f*ckers are better in smaller doses anyway and so am I.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
So long story short: most of the time your are grumpy and just want to ride alone on your E-Bike.

Ok, cool bro.... Don't have to write a novella about it, Shuttling No-Bulls isn't something we romance-asize about, it's life bro.

Don't know bout you, but XB don't get sweaty riding Nobells, it's downhill bro... And besides it's always a nice temperature around the BBQ.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
I just want to say unlike shred I appreciate every one of you f*ckers and look forward to every moment that the world has to offer.

S: Hey bro. Did you see that line I took?
M: no bro. You where on you ebike by yourself so it probably never happened.
————-
S: I made it up stove free in 7 minutes
M: dude it doesn’t count on a ebije
S: I wasn’t on my ebike
M: no one believes that

———-
S: I’m down, can’t get up and the battery in my ebike has started a fire in a protected area

Silence

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
Fake news.
If my E-bike starts a fire in the woods you won’t be there to witness it. It would be a rouge day and I didn’t need a shuttle.

Must be raining today, lots of time for the internet nonsense. Lol

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
So long story short: most of the time your are grumpy and just want to ride alone on your E-Bike.

Ok, cool bro.... Don't have to write a novella about it, Shuttling No-Bulls isn't something we romance-asize about, it's life bro.

Don't know bout you, but XB don't get sweaty riding Nobells, it's downhill bro... And besides it's always a nice temperature around the BBQ.

Well, you got the most of the time I want to be alone part right.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Fake news.
If my E-bike starts a fire in the woods you won’t be there to witness it. It would be a rouge day and I didn’t need a shuttle.

How’s that ebike like the rain? BOSH go BOOSH? Ellison shines on days like these, analog bike has got soul brothers!

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
robe wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Fake news.

How’s that ebike like the rain? BOSH go BOOSH? Ellison shines on days like these, analog bike has got soul brothers!

Ellison is definitely analog bike territory. Ebike is only for solo Noble shuttles, Honest Ed loops and getting the hell out of Putnam Creek.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 14:57 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
robe wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Fake news.

Ellison is definitely analog bike territory. Ebike is only for solo Noble shuttles, Honest Ed loops and getting the hell out of Putnam Creek.

Best DH race of the year: Hardline
Best album of the year: TOOL

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
TOOL album is different than what I expected but still familiar. After multiple listens it truly is a great album. Not bad at all for a bunch of old dudes between 47 and 58 years of age.

Hardline I haven’t watched yet. Will do tonight.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
The tool album is amazing to listen to during a work out.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
robe wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
robe wrote:

Best DH race of the year: Hardline
Best album of the year: TOOL

Meh, new Killswitch Engage album makes you pedal harder... Cookie Monster vocals hit new levels in 2019... New Tool album never lived up to the hype and everyone knows it...

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
What you guys gonna say when Sam Hill 3-Pete's ...? So Goatty all you need to say. Bend a knee to the King, Sam mother f#kn H1LL!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010413
Mobile Version of Website