Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
it's pretty much good anytime...pneuma is my new alarm. the tool album is awesome.
also, as one of the "i just moved here, where should i ride" guys, ive not been disappointed with the riding here so far either Wink

vernonjeff wrote:
The tool album is amazing to listen to during a work out.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
New tool album is straight fire and mumble rappers ride ebikes.

I think lil xb either needs to drink more, or maybe start wearing fall protection if hes gonna keep falling and landing on his head

VMRT - vernon mumble rap thread

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
K town. Dude it’s not 2017. Vrt is all about respect and love even if people are he queers.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
k-towntrailryder wrote:
New tool album is straight fire and mumble rappers ride ebikes.

I think lil xb either needs to drink more, or maybe start wearing fall protection if hes gonna keep falling and landing on his head

VMRT - vernon mumble rap thread

Tool: Hugest song interludes, build-ups into a song that just does not deliver. No good guitar solos, and that music genre can just die by fire, speaking of fire. Better bands have risen up 10 fold since Tool has been around with wicked interludes that actually deliver to Epic tracks with Epic guitar playing and soul ..

Maynard James Keenan is a friggin' tool guy has put all his energy into his wine business, he talked about rushing production of his new album and being so glad its finished. It's an unpolished turd that should of went straight to the $4.99 bin at Walmart if it wasn't for all the hype that blanket blind folded the Sheeple into acceptance.

Listen to what that guy Keenan stands for and you'll want to tune out, trust XB his morals are not fire like you describe his album.

And on E-BIKES:

@) New Norco Range VLT ticks alot of boxes except for esthetics. They should of called it "CLT" the Courtney Love Tricycle... F#ck that things ugly, looks like they took a regular Range, drug it behind a shuttle truck for 40 KMS , made a carbon poo mold of that then slapped a battery on the thing.

b) E-Bikes are getting close to what Shred describes.... The new Orbea is a good step in the right direction ( to lazy MTB'ing) ... The thing is stream lined, light, can carry extra batteries... I can see the future of MTB being VRT and KRT battling over spare battery cash locations in the bush and fighting over territory, ransom demands online to return spare batteries posted over forums etc. XB looks forward to Future E-Bike e-terrorism. To keep the weight down, and to be able to ride all day, swappable batteries is the future and it's already happening at Euro Bike Parks with dedicated charging stations and E-Bike vallets at top/bottom of the mountain.

F#vk-Tool

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
That's lot I'd typing for 7am, ya skip the saft-E meeting this morning?

I dont care what the guy stands for, the sound has matured without selling out to the mumble pop masses and I downloaded it off youtube for free anyways so whatever, wine all you want.

For a guy who seems to hat-e them electric things ya sure know a lot about them. I unplugged from mtb market-En E-rs ago. I ride to disconnect from society, reconnect with nature and stay grounded.

The key to recharging starts with not plugging in.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
Lil XB, that might stick. Snicker snicker.

2020 Meta Power SX is winning the E-bike looks contest right now IMO. 2-1/2 years from now when it’s 45lbs add to cart.

Shuttle bike.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 7:46 Quote
If Commencal wasn't basically a French Sport Chek brand XB wood consider it.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
Lil XB knows it’s dope.

I also don’t mind the look of the Kenevo but weight is still the no factor for any of these power assisted shuttle bikes right now. Long travel ones are all 50+ lbs. Smaller batteries with more power and less weight are 3 years out. I’ll wait until battery tech gets there.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Kinda liking the lil-XB moniker... Will Mumble next time seeing you guys.

But yah, don't hold your breath on battery technology Shred... Batteries in Tesla vehicles are like 3000 lbs ++. We got Elon Musk at the forefront dumping money into the technology, burning through cash, and he can't come up with anything better than 20 year old Lithium Ion technology. The guys so stressed out about it he's smoking bluntz on the JRE podcast and plummetting the stock 10 points in a day with Trump like tweets.

There needs to be a total new technology developed with different chemicals and compounds used. Right now only solution for range is big.... So basically E-Bikes will continue to suck for quite some time....

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
But all that said, please don't fact check any of Lil-XB's points... It's loosely based on reality.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
Don’t have to fact check Lil’ XMumble. My brother-in-law owns a Tesla Model 3. I get the straight dope right from a user. He was telling me over the weekend future models sold will be coming with some sort of external noise maker. The only sound you hear when he rolls up are tires on asphalt. Proving to be a problem with cyclists and pedestrians. All those years spent trying to make cars quieter, now this.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
Nothing to see here.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Don’t have to fact check Lil’ XMumble. My brother-in-law owns a Tesla Model 3. I get the straight dope right from a user. He was telling me over the weekend future models sold will be coming with some sort of external noise maker. The only sound you hear when he rolls up are tires on asphalt. Proving to be a problem with cyclists and pedestrians. All those years spent trying to make cars quieter, now this.

Sounds like the XTR hub I was promised this year.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
Actually Tesla just uses laptop batteries. Musk doesn't invest in new technology, just factories.... but XB is right that the size and weight isn't going to change that much. Manufacturers are just going to make the battery smaller and it won't last as long. #growthesport for the Luddites.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
robe wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Sounds like the XTR hub I was promised this year.

Holy those things sound like their pretty awesome. Markee-Dee wants one it must be good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012120
Mobile Version of Website