Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 21:29 Quote
Good times in the Canyon today. Just a few riders. Cool
Big thanks for the shuttles and Chef XB for the grillin'.

Juuuust a few riders in the canyon today.

Views: 200    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 22:37 Quote
I would ride the Banshee Rune V3 so hard.

photo

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 22:41 Quote
I think it looks great. Hopefully the issues they had with cracking frames a while back is behind them.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I think it looks great. Hopefully the issues they had with cracking frames a while back is behind them.

Duuuuuuuuude, couldn't let a guy be stoked on a new bike could you...? Had to poop in his bike dream cornflakes...

You could say the same about a bunch of aluminum frame manufacturers especially the online kind.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
I had thought it was bearings with the Rune. Dont worry XB my dreams were dead along time ago and now all i got it bitterness, my dog who is entirely to licky and l50 wine to keep me company.

https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountain-bikes/banshee-introduces-the-rune-v3-and-titan/

Ill take both please.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:43 Quote
Not trying to kill his stoke. Just reminding someone I know to be aware of past problems. Not bringing it up and letting them jump in blind would be a crappy thing to do. I myself considered a Darkside before ultimately going full DH bike again. However past distribution issues and frame problems put me off. Like I said I hope that’s all behind Banshee because the bike looks great. That is all.

PS- Go Titan, you’ll regret not going big wheel for a pedal up and down bike now that 29er geo is sorted out. 2 cents.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
Check out the Ripmo AF (aluminum frame) sitting at Skyride right now too. Great geo and not a bad build for $4000. Except the brakes, get those Sram brakes off ASAP.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Check out the Ripmo AF (aluminum frame) sitting at Skyride right now too. Great geo and not a bad build for $4000. Except the brakes, get those Sram brakes off ASAP.

how many motorbikes or cars use mineral oil? The constantly floating brake point, the lack of modulation... no sale. Ever try the Code RSC's ?

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
Yes I have. I tried the Guide RSC on my 2015 Ibis HD3 build. Was not impressed at all. They were gone after a month. Modulation was nice but the stopping power was crap compared to good old Saints. I’ll take actual stopping power over modulation any day. I have not tried the new Codes.
I’ve always been a Sram drivetrain, Shimano brake guy but waiting to hear real world feedback about the new Shimano 12 speed. Bikes with it are going out for real world testing right now.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Yes I have. I tried the Guide RSC on my 2015 Ibis HD3 build. Was not impressed at all. They were gone after a month. Modulation was nice but the stopping power was crap compared to good old Saints. I’ll take actual stopping power over modulation any day. I have not tried the new Codes.
I’ve always been a Sram drivetrain, Shimano brake guy but waiting to hear real world feedback about the new Shimano 12 speed. Bikes with it are going out for real world testing right now.

Lol your comparing a Trail brake to a full DH Race brake, of course the Saints had more power.... XB have had more Shimano brakes than he has digits, all have sucked...

Thanks for extinguishing everyone's stoke

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
I had thought it was bearings with the Rune. Dont worry XB my dreams were dead along time ago and now all i got it bitterness, my dog who is entirely to licky and l50 wine to keep me company.

https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountain-bikes/banshee-introduces-the-rune-v3-and-titan/

Ill take both please.

Buy the Banshee, thank me next week for the smiles... Curse me next year when the frame cracks, and the company has folded due to amount of warranty claims, and you are left high and dry with a 3 piece frame set...

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Lol your comparing a Trail brake to a full DH Race brake, of course the Saints had more power.... XB have had more Shimano brakes than he has digits, all have sucked...

Thanks for extinguishing everyone's stoke

And I'm on my second set of saints in 14 years, I've done maybe 3 bleeds in those 14 yrs total.

Wasn't it Anne Caroline who said that the secret to going faster was not using her brakes?

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Totally agree on the Sram brake thing! Have had guide RSC's and Code RCS's, i found that they both lacked the stopping power i am looking for.
The XTR's i had were great stoppers but constantly pumped up and lever went to the bar(usually at the worst of times)
Switched over to Magura, and all the worlds brake problems went away, even their Trail Sport brake has more stopping power than Sram's.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

This Bike with the SLX build is very intriguing

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024531
Mobile Version of Website