Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 23:06 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
robe wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:

Is anyone really from the okanagan?

I've been here for 14 yrs, I stay cause its 5 hrs from anywhere but fernie and gillard is just up the mtn. If gillard ever got ruined I'd probably high tail it outta here...

I need to check no bull off the list next summer...

“I’m from Revelstoke”

You have a toque permanently attached to your head, and you don't believe in deodorant? ...

You forgot "and your wardrobe is acquired from the thrift store drop off bin after hours"

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 21:43 Quote
https://polebicycles.com/we-are-not-perfect-after-all/

Pole Bikes post's up arguments for Frame snapping in product test that has not even reached being published online... Tries to throw Pinkbike under bus fairly hard... Story unfolds...:

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
A Pinkbike Field Test video hinted that one of the bikes snapped during testing and we would hear about it later in the video about the bike. I guess we now know which one.The real question is did Pole actually know they sent the XC prototype part? Were they gambling it would not fail in an effort to save some grams on total bike weight about to be reported on? Or did they really mistakenly assemble the bike with a prototype part? IDK. if I’m putting a bike together to be sent out and scrutinized I think it would get the fine tooth comb treatment before leaving the floor. Wrong bits would have been caught no?
#suspicious #conspiracytheory

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
or was it the real part and the bike just snaps underpresure. Unlike some people I just dont like the pole.

#carbonbreaksbro

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
or was it the real part and the bike just snaps underpresure. Unlike some people I just dont like the pole.

#carbonbreaksbro

Pole is not carbon bro.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
Patiently waiting for 60 degree head angle and 1500mm wheelbase

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Ooooh-Snap, ya there is definitely "two-halves" to this story. Real question is how much Hush money did Pole offer Pinkbike to not include that Huck to Snap test result in the story. Pinkbike either has more purity ethics than previously thought, or are rubbing hands in anticipation to total amount of clicks from the total fallout and greasy story this will become. Which ever it is XB will be there to soak up the controversy and always deliver the forums the inside gossip as soon as he hears it.

Let the misinformation begin!

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
Two halves to the story. I see what you did there. Nice.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
Are you the Cam that braves sunpeaks with me this summer ?

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Are you the Cam that braves sunpeaks with me this summer ?

That was me, we’re moving to Vernon in a couple weeks so figured I should try to assimilate and start being a smart ass on here

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
Vernon sucks man. All it does is rain here. Welcome..

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
Preview pic of the Pole... https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17971134/

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
The comments section of the Pole review is pretty brutal. It's like YouTube / Reddit level vicious, nastiness.

Pinkbike pretty much takes the high road, nice play. Your move Pole... Still trying to find that elusive bottom of the hole with your 170mm... Sometimes it's better just to use a little finesse.

You get more Bee's with Honey Leo.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 18:25 Quote
Oh I dont know, the Pole Stamina 140 has been my go to frame while playing Redbull Bike Unchained 2 for several months now without issues...

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
The comments section of the Pole review is pretty brutal. It's like YouTube / Reddit level vicious, nastiness.

But also some gems.

“Nothing worse than going for that full bottom out and having your pole break.”

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021916
Mobile Version of Website